Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cost of Luggage Trolley at Orlando Intl Airport

Deffo $3...We arrived 2 days ago. Don't worry about change though, the machine accepts credit cards also, only problem is if you need 4 carts you have to swipe your card 4 times!!! I remember about 12 years ago on our first visit they had no carts there only baggage porters with big trolleys. I didn't know where to go for the car hire so I approached one who was standing around and asked if he was free. He replied "Well I ain't free, but I'm available!!" He loaded our bags on the trolley pushed it in the lift, went down one floor and pushed it out of lift 20 yards to the car hire desk...cost $10...Welcome to America!!!!

Harry

Do you know I never use these baggage carts, landside, so it was a bit of a shock when I read this. Glad we have dolly bags[msnsmile2]
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
    Do you know I never use these baggage carts, landside, so it was a bit of a shock when I read this. Glad we have dolly bags[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

I was also a bit shocked when we discovered that we had to pay for luggage trolleys in the USA. This was years ago in 1991 and I think it was $1 or $2 at that time. Able bodied people might be able to manage without trolleys if they are travelling light, but kids and older folk cannot. Somehow, I feel that this is one charge that must go - but America being America I cannot see it happening.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just as well we have the wheely type cases and tend to travel light, paying for a trolley at the airport would be a bit annoying.[msnsad]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't remember paying for any trolleys at MCO last March? I will pay more attention in 3 weeks when we go, though going out, we travel light enough not to need 1 to be honest, and we too have wheels on our cases, but coming back could be a different story this year[msnwink]On a mission to shop a little this time I think[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    I don't remember paying for any trolleys at MCO last March?
    [/quote]

You don't have to pay on the 'Airside', which is before the arrival formalities. But do pay on the 'Landside' when you collect the trolley.
    Nostromo

A view from an American.

We do not use them as we always handle the luggage ourselves. We have always been a firm believer of pack as light as possible.
    Kay

www.orlandovillas.com/villas/869.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1184.aspx

Kay,
    please tell my wife, daughter and mother[msnwink]
    andrew
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla
    A view from an American.

We do not use them as we always handle the luggage ourselves. We have always been a firm believer of pack as light as possible.
    [/quote]
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    It's a good job we always take the girls and they just love puuling those cases on wheels![msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    I can understand our supermarket system of putting a pound coin in to get your trolley and getting it back when you've finished but $3 for a trolley that most people HAVE to use and only getting 25c back is annoying!!

My mother in law bought me a nifty little keyring from her local Morrisons, it is a metal disc the same shape as a pound coin and it has a hole so you can clip it to the ring, you just unclip it and put it in the trolley and get it back when you've finished. I often go shopping and then find I have no change, so its really handy and it raises money for diabetes research too!!
    Anita