Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Which one would you rather have?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hummer H1 Alpha

27 26.47%
  • Range Rover Vogue V8

39 38.24%
  • Other 4x4 (please specify)

36 35.29%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which one would you rather have?

Gold 5 Star Member

Which one would you rather have?

If you had enough funds to buy a top-of-the-range 4x4 vehicle (you are not allowed to keep the money or use it otherwise!) which of these would it be?
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    Voted for the Range Rover as the Hummer would be way too big for some of the UK streets I navigate (not to mention too big for the garage!).
    I haven't checked but the fuel bill will surely be a lot bigger in the Hummer; they also look ugly and too overstated IMHO.

Brizzle.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Hummer
    CDV

I chose Hummer because if I am pretending that I can buy it, I can also pretend that I can afford to run it and I keep it at my villa in the states for my personal use.
    [msnsmile2]
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'd like a Hummer too. I agree with Brizzle that it is ugly and slab-sided, but that's what makes it attractive - in a sort of Miriam Margolyes fashion. But above all the Hummer has got character - something the bland and boring Range Rover would never have.

Perhaps I should have said "driving in America" where the roads are better and fuel bills not as high as the UK. Brizzle is probably right in thinking that the bill will be higher for the Hummer, but the V8 engine on the RRV is not exactly known for its economy either.
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    I'd like a Hummer too. I agree with Brizzle that it is ugly and slab-sided, but that's what makes it attractive - in a sort of Miriam Margolyes fashion. But above all the Hummer has got character - something the bland and boring Range Rover would never have.

Perhaps I should have said "driving in America" where the roads are better and fuel bills not as high as the UK. Brizzle is probably right in thinking that the bill will be higher for the Hummer, but the V8 engine on the RRV is not exactly known for its economy either.
    [/quote]

Ah, now that's different.
    In the UK when I see one I just think it looks so out of place and brash. It kind of says look at me I have so much money I can afford to waste it on petrol. I'd buy something still good quality wise but a little more understated.

It suits America so it would be a closer call.
    The wider roads seem to make it blend in more, that and the fact that even the small cars are B-I-G...

I can just imagine taking it down some of the South West country roads...although if you met someone coming the other way you could just hop into the field, pass them and carry on

Brizzle.

Florida Chatterbox
    I wouldn't have either of them even if I was given one. Pedestrian killers both of them, why any one wants to drive such an enormous car is beyond me. You know what they say big car little ****. (Guess who didn't get a lot of sleep last night!) Teresa

Porsche Cayenne Turbo for me please!

Florida Chatterbox
    BMW X5

WR.
    WR

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by WR1
    BMW X5

WR.
    [/quote]

Now there is a great vehicle, esp in its 4.8-Litre 'is' guise. But storage capacity is a bit limited and it (as well as the Porsche Cayenne) seems too sophisticated to drive around the Rockies or Utah Flats. The Hummer seems more down to earth and practical.
    Nostromo