Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Keys

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester

Car Keys

We are always given 2 keys at dollar, but in recent years these have been attached together with no way of splitting them, does anyone know if it possible to get 2 seperate keys, we like to keep one each then in the event of hubby locking them in the car (he did this at KSC[msnembarrased]) I will have a spare.
    Lyn

Every car that I've had in the last few years has always "beeped" loudly and continuously at me when I open the driver's door with the keys still in the ignition. Also I've always needed the key or electronic lock to actually lock the car and set the alarm. I doubt that you'd have a problem.
    Carla

Super Moderator
    We have also found Dollar have gone over to having the two keys together on a metal ring. I did ask at Christmas if I could separate them and was told NO and that if I did I would be in trouble. I pointed out that we would prefer to have 2 separate keys in case we misplaced one but 'our friendly' agent said rules were rules.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I've never quite understood why they bother to give you 2 keys when you cant separate them. All this means is that instead of losing 1 key you loose 2[msnembarrased]
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Mr CDV snips the wire with his Leatherman and he has one key and I have the other. They never say anything when we return as you can put them both back on the original ring![}]
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Mr CDV snips the wire with his Leatherman and he has one key and I have the other. They never say anything when we return as you can put them both back on the original ring![}]
    [/quote]

My brother-in-law and I did exactly that and there was not a peep out of the Dollar staff. I think it is rather stupid of them to give two 'inseparable' keys. What's that supposed to achieve?
    Nostromo

If they are both the electronic type it could be in case the battery goes in one. Hubby got back from a business trip to Heathrow once only to find the battery had gone in his key and could not open the door. Guess who had to drive to Heathrow?[msnsad]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    If they are both the electronic type it could be in case the battery goes in one. Hubby got back from a business trip to Heathrow once only to find the battery had gone in his key and could not open the door. Guess who had to drive to Heathrow?[msnsad]
    [/quote]

I would have thought that when we pay so much for the car rental, the least they can do is to ensure that there are fresh batteries in the key-case! I doubt if they will then expire in 3 weeks.
    Nostromo

[/quote]

We do exactly the same. It just doesn't make sense having 2 keys on one fob.
    Chris & Peter

Florida Savvy

Chris it's probably so they can charge twice if you loose both keys.[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunLover
    [/quote]

We do exactly the same. It just doesn't make sense having 2 keys on one fob.
    [/quote]
    Mark

http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-464.aspx