Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EATING TEA!

Florida Chatterbox

EATING TEA!

Even though i have known my American friend almost 5 years now i still have a few words/phrases that confuse her once in a while.

She came on line a while ago and asked me what i was doing and i replied "eating my tea" she of course said dont you mean drinking your tea and i said well yes i am drinking my tea,but im also eating my tea

Some of we Brits call our dinner...tea,but it was hard trying to explain that to an American...lol.

John.

Gold 5 Star Member
    To add to the confusion, there really is an 'eating tea' meal. It is a Tibetian Sherpa 'delicacy' called "Tsampa" (I think) which is made by cooking tea leaves and barley. It is NOT a staple diet fo the sherpas generally, but apparently, they use it as a filler while travelling up the mountains!
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    To add to the confusion, there really is an 'eating tea' meal. It is a Tibetian Sherpa 'delicacy' called "Tsampa" (I think) which is made by cooking tea leaves and barley. It is NOT a staple diet fo the sherpas generally, but apparently, they use it as a filler while travelling up the mountains!
    [/quote]

Think i'll stick to the British version of eating tea thanks.[sick]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    In case anyone does not believe me, look at this:

http://butter.wilsons.org/tsampa2.html
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    [/quote]

Is there any subject you dont know something about Arun?

Maybe you should try for who wants to be a Millionaire.
    I could see you walking off with a big cheque,and i could be your phone a friend,as long as the subject was Football,Gambling or Las Vegas

Gold 5 Star Member
    Definately give this a skip Nostromo.[msnoo][msnsmile]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ORLANDO_MAGIC
    [/quote]

I could see you walking off with a big cheque,and i could be your phone a friend,as long as the subject was Football,Gambling or Las Vegas
    [/quote]

I don't know a lot of things. Football for instance...if you told me that David Beckham was the Dalai Lama's grandson, I'll probably believe you (btw he's not, is he? [msnscared]).

But I think I can manage Las Vegas without help, thanks [msnwink].
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know a lot of things. Football for instance...if you told me that David Beckham was the Dalai Lama's grandson, I'll probably believe you (btw he's not, is he? [msnscared]).

[/quote]

Well you never know![msnwink]

Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    "I don't know a lot of things. Football for instance...if you told me that David Beckham was the Dalai Lama's grandson, I'll probably believe you (btw he's not, is he? )."

What team did Dalai play for then?

Gold 5 Star Member
    "I don't know a lot of things. Football for instance...if you told me that David Beckham was the Dalai Lama's grandson, I'll probably believe you (btw he's not, is he? )."

What team did Dalai play for then?
    [/quote]

He started off with Lhasa United, but transferred later to Kathmandu Kickstarts.
    Nostromo