Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: It's official: women overpack for holidays

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
    What is it with women and shoes? My wife wears a different pair to school each day but never puts them away.
    [/quote]

We have men to pick them up after us!
    [/quote]

Men to pick up your shoes? Isn't that a bit expensive by the hour? I bet Mr CDV tells you off for needless expenditure!
    [/quote]

Nah, makes them feel important![msnwink]

He's a dab hand at picking my things up........must try harder to put my things away
    [/quote]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    We met a lady in Tenerife who had taken 30 pairs of shoes for a weeks holiday
    On the same holiday we met another lady who had her suitcase go astray
    She bought 1 pair of shorts,1 tshirt and managed with that and her travelling clothes.She said it was a complete cure to overpacking and so liberating

I am famous for packing 20 books and almost nothing to wear which is fortunate because once you become owners you are always weighed down by items you couldnt resist for the house

One time I wore all my clothes(including pyjamas)to the airport!

Florida Chatterbox
    I don't think my husband has ever packed for himself when going on holiday, I remember his mother packing for him when he went to Greece for a boy's holiday when we first went, bless!!!!

We take very little as long as I have a comfy pair of mules and a pair of trainers, am happy, means we can buy loads out there, and with the fantastic washing machines and tumble dryers, it makes it even easier
    Anita

Florida Chatterbox
    Hello, my name is Eileen and I am a recovering overpacker.

I used to pack everything, especially for Orlando- in the B-I-G suitcase that took up the whole trunk of the rent car. But I am going to Japan in a month and have learned the zen of packing light. I am fitting everything for two weeks into one 21 inch roll on bag. It CAN be done, especially when one is not traveling w/ones spouse (aka "the hauler") and one is facing the prospect of dragging whatever suitcase one has up and down long flights of stairs in train stations (no escalators in train stations there, elevators only to be used for wheelchairs and handicapped and you have to find a station person to open them).

See the packing section on Rick Steeves website (under "travel tips", then "packing tips") It turned my packing life around.

That said, I am in fact taking a fold up duffel bag inside the suitcase for items bought there and to be brought home, but hopefully can put off buying til last few days so there is nothing more to carry til then.

Florida Expert
    Amita,you are quite right,always underpack for Florida and it is a great excuse to go clothes shopping............and since their clothes are such great value,you save loads too!

Florida Expert
    5 of us manage to get all our thing in 3 suitcases when we go to Florida. One large with a medium one inside, one small one and a one holdall. Its a different story on the way home though after all the shoppping. My sister is coming with us this time and she has never been before and I have told her to travel light.[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
    Hello, my name is Eileen and I am a recovering overpacker.

I used to pack everything, especially for Orlando- in the B-I-G suitcase that took up the whole trunk of the rent car. But I am going to Japan in a month and have learned the zen of packing light. I am fitting everything for two weeks into one 21 inch roll on bag. It CAN be done, especially when one is not traveling w/ones spouse (aka "the hauler") and one is facing the prospect of dragging whatever suitcase one has up and down long flights of stairs in train stations (no escalators in train stations there, elevators only to be used for wheelchairs and handicapped and you have to find a station person to open them).

See the packing section on Rick Steeves website (under "travel tips", then "packing tips") It turned my packing life around.

That said, I am in fact taking a fold up duffel bag inside the suitcase for items bought there and to be brought home, but hopefully can put off buying til last few days so there is nothing more to carry til then.
    [/quote]

Good to hear that you are recovering from your "Over packing" illness they say the first step is always to admit you have a problem. Of course I never overpack or am I in denial!!![msnwink]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well Well Well....Over packing!!
    Not me, boys you ALL need to travel with me!! I am the the underpacking queen!!!! [8D]
    Pair of trainers (and I wear them going)
    flip flops for going to the pool
    2 pairs shorts
    10 tops at most
    underwear of course
    thong bikini(yer right)!!
    jim jams
    4 cameras (don't ask)
    Clothes wise that is pretty much me these days!
    However, I admit that the toiletry bag explodes!! Hairdryer,contact lense stuff, execema creams, etc etc, usually come to at least 3 bags worth, and that is excluding the fact that I buy stuff there!!
    The ol man packs for himself, yippee!!

Now coming back......................[msnembarrased]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    Well Well Well....Over packing!!
    Not me, boys you ALL need to travel with me!! I am the the underpacking queen!!!! [8D]
    Pair of trainers (and I wear them going)
    flip flops for going to the pool
    2 pairs shorts
    10 tops at most
    underwear of course
    thong bikini(yer right)!!
    jim jams
    4 cameras (don't ask)
    Clothes wise that is pretty much me these days!
    However, I admit that the toiletry bag explodes!! Hairdryer,contact lense stuff, execema creams, etc etc, usually come to at least 3 bags worth, and that is excluding the fact that I buy stuff there!!
    The ol man packs for himself, yippee!!

Now coming back......................[msnembarrased]
    [/quote]

Sounds like under-packing all right Carol Ann; You (or the poor 'old man' of yours) must struggle under all that lot!
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ok. I am real good going out, but.......I do admit to a bit more on the return journey! Heck a girl has gotta shop!! Right Girls[msnwink]