Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: choosing villa

Florida Savvy

choosing villa

help[msnscared]we cant decide between a 4 bed villa at cedars at woodridge or 4 bed at highland reserves has anyone stayed at one of these,would love to know how far from disney and whats close by.would also like to know if anyone has had a games room in villa,had one last year in indian creek and kids loved it. thanks [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed at Orange Tree very close to Woodridge and it seldom took us more than 15 to 18 minutes to reach any Disney park. From Woodridge you'd probably take a few minutes less.

Woodridge is very good for shopping with its Sainsbury lookalike Winn-Dixie. There is also a Wallgreens nearby and several smaller shops. The new Walmart on US27 is not far away either.
    Nostromo

I don't know Woodridge but Highlands Reserve is a lovely community, I'd certainly have no qualms about staying in a villa there. Really close to the new Publix and other shops, 10 or 15 mins to Disney parks and the villas I've seen the inside of were lovely and spacious with great views over the golf course.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Savvy
    [website link edited]

Westbury is on the hwy 27 15-20 mins from disney
    Phill & Hazel

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Worldpeace
    I'm sure any location you choose will turn out to be fine for your stay. As in this country it's swings and roundabouts depending on your own personal preference.
    Some people after a tiring day at the parks (or in between days)just want some peace and quiet and relax at the villa, whereas others want to be on the go 24/7 and may prefer a busier location, however none of them are too far from the action when you do want to participate.
    The best way is to decide on what you want and submit a request for your dates and then sit back and enjoy chooising what suits your needs best, many of the villas have games rooms or other facilities so if you really want one then add that to your request etc.
    Highlands Reserve and Clear Creek are both just up the 27 from where our villa is located so obviously we are biased about the area but we like the fact that (at least last time we were over) you drive past orange groves and pine trees and away from the neon lights for a while.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    The times from Highlands to Disney (traffic permitting) are somewhere between 12 and 15 minutes from putting the car into gear to passing under the 'Welcome to Disney' sign, which seems to be the point of reference everyone uses. We've timed the journey many times and it's 17 minutes from Highlands to the point where you get out of the car in MGM's car park.

You do have to remember though that Disney is a big place and it can take another 10 minutes or more to get to some of the other theme parks. Traffic can also have a big effect on the driving times.

Steve

Florida Expert
    I have stayed on Highlands reserve and had a wonderful time. That said I think that it is the villa that is most important to me. The two developments are within very easy reach of Disney and other attractions, so look at the villa that suits you best.

Florida Savvy
    Our villa is on Highlands Reserve so I would definitely prefer to stay there! There is now a Club House adjoining the development with games room that's available to renters, owners and guests of villas on HR as well as those at Regal Palms. Driving to Disney is just 15 minutes and shopping and restaurants are easy to access as well.
    Champagne

Gold 5 Star Member
    We are also on Highlands Reserve so of course we are biased A lovely community with many homes backing on to the golf course or conservation, with communal facilities including golf, swimming pool, tennis court and childrens play area. I don't know Woodridge at all to comment on it.

There is also a new shopping centre open adjacent to Highlands Reserve which includes a Publix supermarket. When we went over in December we used to enjoy a pleasant stroll in the mornings to fetch our English newspaper

However, I may be wrong but please check the information about using the Regal Palms facilities if they are the ones you mean Champagne, as they are totally separate to Highlands Reserve and I understand they can only be used if the Highlands Reserve villa owner who you book with has paid to join (around $100 a month). I doubt many owners will have paid to use these facilities, but perhaps another Highlands Reserve owner will back me up if I am right, or correct me if I am wrong[?]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Diane, we are also on Highlands Reserve and I believe you are correct about us not being able to use the facilities at Regal Palms unless you pay extra.

I have to say that of course I am biased too but think the community is lovely, very spacious and ideally situated
    Ruth