Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sky venture

Florida Savvy

sky venture

just wondered if anyone has tried sky venture across from wet and wild,and has anyones children given it a go our kids are 13 and 11 thanks

I did it and nearly filled me pants. I know Roger and his 10 year old daughter enjoyed it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by worldpeace
    just wondered if anyone has tried sky venture across from wet and wild,and has anyones children given it a go our kids are 13 and 11 thanks
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've been on it, but it is not an experience that I want to talk about [msnembarrased]. I floated all over the place, ending up in all sorts of embarassing positions and fell twice. My only consolation was that my cocky brother-in-law did not do very much better.

The trainers seem to be able to do it so much better. I guess practice makes perfect.

TIP: If you're going to Sky Venture, try to combine it with a visit to Skull Kingdom across the way. The walk-through is less than half-an-hour and screaming good fun.
    Nostromo

Whoops confused this with the sky coaster. So ignore first post. I have been in the sky venture and got the hang of it pretty quickly. Good fun but some find it very difficult and frustrating.

[/quote]

Florida Expert
    Whether you would go on it or not (and I would not) it is fascinating to watch and listen to!

People who are brave enough to go on that sort of thing come from a different gene pool to the rest of us

We did it a few years ago and it was hilarious...i was laughing so much that on the video i look 'all-teeth' - a real experience and worth a try. Doesnt take alot of courage really - someone holds onto you until you are steady and communication is all done by hand-signals which are taught you beforehand! Give it a go!!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by heathercobbett
    Whether you would go on it or not (and I would not) it is fascinating to watch and listen to!

People who are brave enough to go on that sort of thing come from a different gene pool to the rest of us
    [/quote]

With respect Heather, are you sure that you are not confusing this with Sky Coaster? That one is a 400 ft bungee jump and does need courage, but Sky Venture is a simulated parachute 'jump' in a vertical wind tunnel. Like Gednandrea says, it is embarassingly good fun but certainly nothing to be scared about.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sounds like fun!!! Not something I would do but my hubby and eldest son would as they are game for this sort of thing. Although the one thing my eldest wouldn't do was the sky coaster at Old Town.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Florida Savvy
    Hi Ray&Sarah, We too will not do that scary Sky Coaster. But we all did the Sling Shot including our 9yr old daughter. oh spouse refused!!(chinkin)[msnoo][msncry][msncool]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Ray&Sarah, We too will not do that scary Sky Coaster. But we all did the Sling Shot including our 9yr old daughter. oh spouse refused!!(chinkin)[msnoo][msncry][msncool]
    [/quote]

I did both Sky Coaster and The Slingshot and think that the latter is the scarier of the two. Sky Coaster is not at all bad once you get to the height. Moreover, a 13-year old English schoolgirl was the 'stringpuller' in our pary of 3 for the jump and it was quite exhilarating. But on The Slingshot, the unexpected downward flip of the seat at the top so that you hurtle towards the ground face-down, scared me a bit [msnscared].
    Nostromo