Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: walk to restaraunts

There are a number of homes in the Formosa area which are suitable to walk to and from the Boulevard because there are very good sidewalks in that particular area.
    People often walk up to the shops in the morning or to the bars at Outback, Giordannos or Red Lobster in the evening.
    A number of people who live in that area have bikes so that you can cycle there. Between Funie Steed Road and the 192 there are good sidewalks.
    My son sometimes walks up there in the evening from our home on Acadia. It takes him about 20mins each way, strolling not rushing, but EI has such a long entrance drive and the estate now goes so far back I know it would take much longer. Mind you if you are staying on EI you have your own clubhouse and Tiki Bar so its not so necessary to go beyond the resort.
    Angela

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
    I reckon that you would be better to bank on it taking at least 30 minutes to walk from EI to 192 especially with children. It's a fair old walk, even from the front gates.
    [/quote]

We clocked it with the car odometer last time out. It was 1.9 miles from the gates at EI to the 192, and our villa is another 1/2 mile from the gates. If the weather is favorable, it could be a nice walk. But during the heat of summer, it could be a very long hard walk for small children. Also keep in mind that you will need to walk past a constuction area with the new road going in between EI and Formosa Gardens Blvd.
    Denise
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1568.aspx

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Also keep in mind that you will need to walk past a constuction area with the new road going in between EI and Formosa Gardens Blvd.
    [/quote]

Can you give a bit more info about this?

I am staying in one of the townhouses that are right at the start (i think) of EI (overlook a pool).

Does this mean i will still be able to use both Entry point boulevard, Formosa gardens Boulevard and Lindfields boulevard to get there or are there restrictions?

A taxi over that distance would be afforable; if its being on the sherbert is what you are thinking of[drinkbeer]
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    BTW, if you like Japanese like we do, don't forget about the little Japanese restaurant in that shopping center right at Formosa Blvd and 192 (on the side close to Formosa Blvd.) We ate there 4 times in December, twice for lunch, twice for dinner. The sushi is fresh, the miso is very good, the lightly fried tofu is wonderful, the tempura is good, on and on. We thought is was a real find and very reasonable cost.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Also keep in mind that you will need to walk past a constuction area with the new road going in between EI and Formosa Gardens Blvd.
    [/quote]

Can you give a bit more info about this?

I am staying in one of the townhouses that are right at the start (i think) of EI (overlook a pool).

Does this mean i will still be able to use both Entry point boulevard, Formosa gardens Boulevard and Lindfields boulevard to get there or are there restrictions?

[/quote]

When we were there in January there were no restrictions on accessing any of the roads you mentioned. The area has been cleared for the new toll road going in. Although there was no construction going on when we were there, it was obvious that there had been some large equipment clearing the area. There was no issue driving, I was just mentioning it as a caution if you plan on walking - any constuction area kicks up additional dust that could be bothersome.
    Denise
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1568.aspx

I think we are having a conversation with ourselfs here; Tyson appears to have left us since he posted the question. You still with us Tyson??
    Dave [msnsmile2]