Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walk to restaraunts

Florida Chatterbox

walk to restaraunts

can i walk to resataraunts from emerald island, or to the 192, also is there any sites with a map of emerald islands location on it.

Florida Expert
    You can walk to the 192, it would probably take 10 - 15 minutes. You would come out by the splendid china dragon. I think the nearest restaurants are TGI Fridays and the Outback.

Within walking distance are TGI Fridays, Outback steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, Carrabas, Taco Bell, Giordanos, and a Subway.
    How practical that walk is will depend upon where your villa is within EI, what time of day it is and whether you tire easily of walking.
    I would say that it will take longer than 10-15mins from most homes on EI.
    I think it would be fine if you are either quite keen on walking or you only intend to go once or twice.
    Angela

Tyson this is similar to your other thread.........
    http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...emerald,island

I reckon that you would be better to bank on it taking at least 30 minutes to walk from EI to 192 especially with children. It's a fair old walk, even from the front gates.
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
    Within walking distance are TGI Fridays, Outback steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, Carrabas, Taco Bell, Giordanos, and a Subway.
    How practical that walk is will depend upon where your villa is within EI, what time of day it is and whether you tire easily of walking.
    I would say that it will take longer than 10-15mins from most homes on EI.
    I think it would be fine if you are either quite keen on walking or you only intend to go once or twice.
    [/quote]

I agree with Newhomebuyer. "Walking Distance" in the US is often considerably longer than what it appears to be at first. The Americans are so used to driving for most things that there is seldon the convenient 'shop around the corner' that is so common in the UK. From what I observed, it would take some walking to reach the shops and restaurants along the US192 even from its own villa communities like EI.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Check with the villa owner, they will be happy to supply that sort of info.
    CDV

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Check with the villa owner, they will be happy to supply that sort of info.
    [/quote]

Tyson you need to check back with the owner, they will know if it is practical to walk, and therefore be able to advise you.
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    As an example, i asked Yahoo maps for directions from where we are staying in Emerlad Island (probably 1st street you reach from 192)to the Outback Steakhouse and this is what it says :-

Starting from: xxxx **** ****** Dr, Kissimmee, FL 34747
    Arriving at: Outback Steakhouse 7804 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1735
    Distance: 2.0 miles Approximate Travel Time: 5 mins

5 Minutes in the car, but i would say 2 miles would take at least 30 minutes to walk (yomp!) which would equate to a bit longer in 90F degree heat and humidity. A 4 mile round trip!

IMO Too Far! Drive there and if you want a drink have a drink when you come back home.

Incidentally, Yahoo Maps gives you the facility to show shops, hotels, restaurants, gas stations etc on their maps in a x Mile radius.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    As an example, i asked Yahoo maps for directions from where we are staying in Emerlad Island (probably 1st street you reach from 192)to the Outback Steakhouse and this is what it says :-

Starting from: xxxx **** ****** Dr, Kissimmee, FL 34747
    Arriving at: Outback Steakhouse 7804 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1735
    Distance: 2.0 miles Approximate Travel Time: 5 mins

5 Minutes in the car, but i would say 2 miles would take at least 30 minutes to walk (yomp!) which would equate to a bit longer in 90F degree heat and humidity. A 4 mile round trip!

IMO Too Far! Drive there and if you want a drink have a drink when you come back home.

Incidentally, Yahoo Maps gives you the facility to show shops, hotels, restaurants, gas stations etc on their maps in a x Mile radius.

[/quote]

Well put UD. I always found that the Americans understandably have difficulty is quoting walking distances in built-up areas. The distances are invariably more than what we are used to in the UK and the "shop around the block" might actually be a couple of miles away. That's why most people use cars, even though it seems a bit OTT to us for having to drive to grab today's newspaper or a pint of milk.

In sharp contrast, ask any American Park Ranger or even passer-by the time it takes to hike through a marked nature trail and they come up with an answer that is as close to exact as one can get.
    Nostromo