Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Would you move to Florida?

Voters
373. You may not vote on this poll
  • I''d be on the next plane!!!

196 52.55%
  • Would have to think about it

38 10.19%
  • Would miss family and friends too much

20 5.36%
  • Never want to actually live there

64 17.16%
  • We are currently in the process of moving there

6 1.61%
  • Would but can''t afford it

29 7.77%
  • Other, please state

20 5.36%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Would you move to Florida?

Florida Newbie
    We would love to move to Florida, Could just see ourselves having breakfast by the pool before going to work! Ahhhhh[msncool]
    Peter & Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    For two countries, that keep going on about how close they are, why is it so hard for a brit to move to the US but so easy for an american to come here, why is it only the select few, the rich who can move there.

Florida Expert
    [quote]Originally posted by ukman
    For two countries, that keep going on about how close they are, why is it so hard for a brit to move to the US but so easy for an american to come here, why is it only the select few, the rich who can move there.

HEAR HEAR I second everything you have said
    Sue

I'd move to FL, but not to Orlando. My company would let me move to Miami if I wanted but I suspect my wife would not agree to that

First choice would have to be Denver. I lived there for a few years in the mid/late 80s and it's by far the best place I have ever lived - although I do admit that being young free and single in those days probably helped [clap][beer]
    Keith

Florida Junior
    I have previously lived in Wisconsin for a couple of years and my wife and I vacation in Florida every year Oct/Nov time.

We are both RGN nurses in NHS () and we often talk of relocating to USA or Canada. Not too sure where though. I think being too close to Orlando would take the excitement off the trips there, and as there is a definite snowbird/elderly population in Florida i'm sure there is plenty of work for us!! Only time will tell whether we go out there or just enjoy our holidays there.

Stuart

I and my family would move tomorrow but the hasle of getting a via with work and then getting a green card dont give me any sence of security. We've looked into buying a business and the minimum required to invest to be a business entrepreneur is supposidily 500.000 USD.

If there was a risk free way...I'd book the flights.

Florida Newbie
    I WILL be retiring in Orlando and my wife and kids can like it or lump it although the wife wants to retire there as well.

My Dad always dreamed of living his twilight years abroad but sadly we lost him last year before his dream came into fruition.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ukman
    [/quote]

Can't say we are rich...there are thousands and thousands of Brits in the US..

I love American and I am more than happy to spend long periods of time there as we do.
    But my home is here in the UK I have no desire to retire to Florida or anywhere else

The UK has it's faults in many areas and the weather is c**p most of the time..But my roots are here and in my opinion it is still one of the sanest counties in the world [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

I voted "other" because I've already decided that when Í retire I definitely want to "move" there for a couple of months. Say from November until April.
    We already moved from The Netherlands to France and I much prefer the climate here (it was no reason for us moving though) and I really detest wet and cold weather. We really cannot complain about the weather where we now live, but there is still room for improvement so in about 20 years time: Florida, here I come.
    We'd still be renting though.