Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Would you move to Florida?

Voters
373. You may not vote on this poll
  • I''d be on the next plane!!!

196 52.55%
  • Would have to think about it

38 10.19%
  • Would miss family and friends too much

20 5.36%
  • Never want to actually live there

64 17.16%
  • We are currently in the process of moving there

6 1.61%
  • Would but can''t afford it

29 7.77%
  • Other, please state

20 5.36%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Would you move to Florida?

When I retire we plan on living in Florida for the Winters From Jan to April my wife would miss the kids to much, I would come down now longer periods but the kids are in school.
    Randy Johnston

We love Florida and thought very seriously about making the move. Having spent a lot of time there over the years we have come to the conclusion that we really like the UK much more than we first thought! The main drawback from our viewpoint is the cost of adequate health insurance in the US and the lack of access to adequate care in your later years when you are in most need of it.

We absolutley love having a villa there and being able to spend lengthy periods enjoying the pool, sunshine and everything else it offers but that is enough for us.
    Jim

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Having now retired I look forward to longer holidays, we are going to Florida for 30 nights at the end of January, then again for 33 nights at the end of October. In between we will try and pull in the odd week here and there either in Spain, Portugal or anywere else with a good late deal. I would never leave the UK as I think the NHS is best thing we have.
    Lyn

We are retired and would love to have retired to Florida, but as someone else has said, the cost of health care is the problem.
    We try to spend at least 3 months each year and that works for us.

Andrena

Florida Savvy
    I would love to in the future, but I have such an extensive family here, I'd really miss them! But it would be a fantastic place to live, and as I said, maybe someday I'd never say never anyway!

Kate
    Kate.xo

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    I would love to spend the winter months in Florida
    Tracy

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by skippy
    Originally posted by ukman
    For two countries, that keep going on about how close they are, why is it so hard for a brit to move to the US but so easy for an american to come here, why is it only the select few, the rich who can move there.

HEAR HEAR I second everything you have said
    Sue
    I don't believe it is that easy for a US citizen to move permanently to the UK. Unless you are getting married to a UK citizen, or your employer can justify relocating you, there are the same sorts of visa, qualification and financial hoops and loops to go through as when a UK citizen tries to relocate to the US.
    Keith