Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Would you move to Florida?

Voters
373. You may not vote on this poll
  • I''d be on the next plane!!!

196 52.55%
  • Would have to think about it

38 10.19%
  • Would miss family and friends too much

20 5.36%
  • Never want to actually live there

64 17.16%
  • We are currently in the process of moving there

6 1.61%
  • Would but can''t afford it

29 7.77%
  • Other, please state

20 5.36%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you move to Florida?

Gold 5 Star Member
    We did consider it but then found out that, because of pre-existing medical conditions, the health insurance would be outrageously expensive, ie £15,000 each per year and that was with our pre-existing conditions not covered!
    blott

Maybe retire if it was possible [msncool][msncool]
    Wilf & Sarah

We love Florida, but would never want to live there, although I'd like to spend longer periods there as and when the kids are older. I think 6 weeks at a time would be enough then I'd start to miss friends, family and home too much.
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
    Maybe retire if it was possible [msncool][msncool]
    [/quote]

We have considered this, retiring to either Florida or California, the latter being easier because of relatives there. It is still an option, but most likely we will retire 'home' to India.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    We maybe moving to FL in around 18 months....I would not of liked to have moved to FL straight from England......I'm sure with all the troubles we've had since moving over ....we would of left the USA by now.....I miss the England I left behind.....but after my daughter spent a few months back there last year.....I know I would not be going back to the same life......I don't think you notice how much a country changes until you move away....

We love going for long periods but could not live there.

We have had the opportunity to move out but turned it down - many reasons, I would not want to bring up or educate my children there or anywhere in th USA, the TV would drive me insane (no offence) but US TV only reports on US news most of the time its as if the rest of the world does not exist!!! Americans are very insular (sorry) too. Also the food out there is great for holidays but a lack of certain fresh un doctored produce would also drive me crazy!!!

Love it for holidays though!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    the TV would drive me insane (no offence) but US TV only reports on US news most of the time its as if the rest of the world does not exist!!![/quote]

I think that is an important point Lal. I seldom watch TV in the US because the commercials are so frequent and annoying, the news is mostly about the US alone and the sports..[msnmad][msnmad]. Funnily enough, many of the US made TV programs that I like are easier to find in the UK than in the US.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    We would never actually live there. But hope to get to the point where we can perhaps go three times a year, and make the Winter trip a longish one, perhaps 8 weeks or so. Chloe

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I have not lived in the UK for 20 years and do not miss it at all. I do like to visit my family and do a wee bit of shopping but have no urge to ever return and live there. It is expensive and the weather leaves a lot to be desired! So if it is not Florida it will be somewhere hot! [8D]
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't think I would put TV high on the list for not moving.......you're coming over to start a new life.....not to plant yourself infront of the box.....I find I use the TV because I'm stuck in my home some of the winter time......where it can be too dangerous to go out.......wind chill......ice....etc.........but in FL I never see the TV.....sometime I don't see the point to having the cable put on when we visit.......I get most of my news online......same as I did in the UK.....

The big thing to think about is....would you have a better life in the USA......not the same one but with a lot more sun......I have to answer yes...even with all the troubles we have had here......we have done well.....