Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: smoking

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by daisy
    have to agree with you heather its the school age children that we need to target most
    [/quote]

Just to illustrate this point of the kind of society that we now live in, I just saw a 14 year old girl with problems related to her smoking, alcohol use etc. She has already been to the BPAS once and the worst part of it was that her father, who accompanied her, was not in the least concerned. When I pointed out the illegality of a minor being allowed to go out and drink alcohol, he looked at me as though I had grown a second head and said shruggingly "Happens all the time doc" [V][V]
    Nostromo

My youngest is a carrier of an enzyme diff called alfa 1 antitripsin (dont know if thats the correct spelling) we have been told it wont affect her if she is kept away from smokers and if she never smokes, Nostromo will know about this condition - this has affected the older children as they too could all be carriers hence all of our older children are very anti smoking.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lucy, it is true that people with Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency have an inherited susceptibility to respiratory and liver problems. here is a useful thread.

http://www.lung.ca/diseases/alph1.html
    Nostromo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    Lucy, it is true that people with Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency have an inherited susceptibility to respiratory and liver problems. here is a useful thread.

http://www.lung.ca/diseases/alph1.html

[/quote]

Thanks Nostromo