Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Cover

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Nostromo
    Notwithstanding car parking charges/availability and security worries, we always get a friend to take us to/from the airport for safety reasons.
    I made up my mind then that it wasnt worth the risk and whatever the cost we would not drive after a flight of that length.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the message Steph and I acknowledge the spirit in which it was said. But apart from taking an expensive taxi, we cannot get anyone to drop us to the UK airport. I find it easiest to Drive-fly-drive on our visits to the US, which is at least once every year.

Fortunately, I don't bother with meals, movies or other frills on the flight. I try to get some sleep as soon as the flight is on its way and usually can manage at least some hours rest, putting me in reasonable shape for arrival.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's the unknown of the sleep factor on the plane that worries us. We always have a decent feed at somewhere like the Golden Corral before we fly and then try to settle down to sleep more or less as soon as we are on the plane (helps with the jetlag) but if you have a paticularly noisy flight then it isnt always possible, so we'd rather not have to worry about it.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    It's the unknown of the sleep factor on the plane that worries us. We always have a decent feed at somewhere like the Golden Corral before we fly and then try to settle down to sleep more or less as soon as we are on the plane (helps with the jetlag) but if you have a paticularly noisy flight then it isnt always possible, so we'd rather not have to worry about it.
    [/quote]

But then I have an advantage over you. After 27 years of frequent overnight on-call work where sustained sleep is a luxury that seldom comes one's way, I have learnt to snatch the ol' 'forty winks' wherever possible, often oblivious of my surroundings. I once slept through an Alice Cooper concert! (I'm joking, of course - even I couldn't manage that)
    Nostromo