Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What To Wear?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TheThommos
    My friend is a bit concerned about wearing a skirt because she is concerned that it will end up around her neck when she is on the rides. Will this happen?

J
    [/quote]

Reassure her that if it does happen, she could try passing for Marilyn Monroe!
    Nostromo

In relation to footwear, I absolutely adore my merrell sandals. I now have 2 pair, one at the villla and one in the UK. When i arrived a couple of holidays ago I forgot them and spent all day going around the malls (well that is my excuse).

I finally found a pair at the Premium Outlet and have never been so relieved. They are like the TEVA's (my other half has these and swears by them), you can get them wet and they will not be ruined. Not the cheapest but worth every penny as they are like slippers!![sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty] - all day long!!

Michele

[quote]
    Just on another note, is it only me that finds those FCUK t-shirts offensive. I know it's only supposed to be a bit of fun but there are limits. Most people read by the first and last letters of a word and so I always read this word the wrong way (as I'm sure other people do too).

[quote][

i dont personally like those logo's on the T.shirts, but when they get to 16 and wanna dress themselves! its fashion thats all!
    would rather she didnt wear them out with us, but then she wouldnt come!!! nows theres an idea![msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    I was at the Outback at MCO last week having lunch between flights and some Brits were refused entry wearing FCUK shirts. Good thing too! I find it offensive. Not that I don't have a potty mouth myself, but I wouldn't want my (American) kids to see that. I understand that Disney won't let you in WDW wearing them. That's a good thing also.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

We were at Magic Kingdom last July and my Son was refused entry as he had an offensive t-shirt on. (It was something from Family Guy and we hadnt given it a thought as I didnt think it was offensive at all)) Luckily he had a plain white vest on underneath so could take the offendng t-shirt off. What got my goat though was that a lady wearing the same t-shirt going through the next turnstyle was allowed in without a problem.[msnmad]

I didnt realise this thread was so old (that will teach me to be nosey looking what other posts people are looking at!) But it also brought memories of our first visit to Florida in 1989. I brought about 10 pairs of shoes but none were comfortable for whole days at the theme parks, so ended up buying some sandals from "PAY LESS SHOE ZONE" or something like that name. They were so comfortable that I used them for years and they cost something like $6.[msnsmile]

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    When we were there in February someone was actually evicted from MK for having an FCUK to shirt on however i think it was and is OTT.
    The T-Shirt was not offensive as it was Black with 'French Connection' on the front and 'UK' in big letters on the back.
    I think this whole thing is rediculous, if the people of America and the UK find it offensive then they should not make up the words in the first place(I can think of a lot of swear words particularly the 'F' and 'C' words that originated in America) FCUK may be offensive to they eye and may corrupt young children(How many films and TV programs do they watch nowadays with Offensice language in?)however, the language that can be heard in ALL of these parks can be even more offensive and a lot of it is from parents with children!!!
    The problem here isn't FCUK, it is the Nanny State that we now live in (USA and UK).

&lt;I will now get off my soapbox and prepare for the barage of flack&gt;
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

I most certainly am not a prude, but I applaud Disney and anyone else who makes a stand on this.

Disney was conceived as a place where folk could come and experience the wholesome world of Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Pluto, Cinderella and Snow White. It's a magical dream world, and that's something that is at it's most important to the little ones in particular.

If don't think it's appropriate to walk around Disney with a T-shirt that is a play on words alluding to the word f**k, and I agree that you should have to take it off.

Gold 5 Star Member
    well i've never come across this post before but i have to agree with you there Macka, i personally think the french connection t.shirts are offensive

and it's not only the adults t shirts that get checked out the disney security where quite interested in my daughters t. shirt with a slogan

the front said "i didn't ask to be an angel" and they laughed out loud at the back which said

"but if the halo fits" [angel]

Mizzy