Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SKY TOWER -CLOSED FOR GOOD?

i dont like heights at all, but after seeing the photos with a view i would like to have a look and take some photos!!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have a phobia of heights too, but only if unsupported. Thus, the Sea World Sky Tower would be scary, but not something like Old Town's Sky Coaster, where the harness gives a feeling of security.
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    I don't like height but I went up this in 89 as I hate not to do things, I did the eifle tower for this reason (prpbably cos I think I will have missed something)
    I used to love coasters and things but I have to admit to getting a bit nervous now I don't know if its age or because I now have a son who loves rides and I spend all my time hanging on to him to make sure he dosen't fall out!!!! Even when hubby goes on with him I keep telling him "hang on to him" Must be old age!!!!![easter1]

Florida Chatterbox
    I dont like heights as well but after seeing the great photo of the kraken will try when we are out there in July/Aug, as it has always been closed when we have been previously.

Gary & Sam

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1455.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Just to let you all know that we asked about the tower whilst we were there a couple of weeks ago as we wanted to go up and it was closed on both occasions were told that it had cabling problems due to the hurricanes and it was hit and miss if it opened.Shame really but we'll try again next time! [msnsad]

Florida Expert
    Went on it yestersay, it was a great view!!!! cost $3 per person

Gold 5 Star Member
    It was closed on our last visit, but lets hope its open when we go later this month!

SeaWorld's 400-foot landmark, The Tower, has been a visual icon since the park opened in 1973. Transformed as the centerpiece of the all-new Tower Island, it is now surrounded by an aged fortress and a bar overlooking the picturesque harbor.

The Tower's six-minute capsule ride takes guests at a leisurely pace up to the top and back again, and slowly rotates for a complete bird's-eye view. From the capsule, guests can see downtown Orlando and other area attractions.

The ride is free to Annual Passport Holders (Gold and Platinum I think not sure about Silver)
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Expert
    I'm pretty sure it's free for Silver too
    Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

Florida Expert
    Closed on the two days we went last week.
    Never been open on any of our visits, a shame because I wanna go up

Brizzle

Florida Expert
    Guess what! The Sky Tower has reopened! It was open for business when we went to Sea World and was happily going up and down on the numerous times we saw it on our travels!
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey