Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Breakfast in America

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat in the villa

52 33.33%
  • Buffet type e.g. Sizzler, Ponderosa

40 25.64%
  • None buffet e.g. Cracker Barrel

24 15.38%
  • Get something at the theme park

3 1.92%
  • Combination of the first four

34 21.79%
  • Don''t eat breakfast

3 1.92%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast in America

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    Sometimes we miss breakfast (if going to a water park, for example)
    [/quote]

When I was young my parents would never let me swim for an hour or so after eating and this is something I've always stuck to with our kids as well, but I've always wondered if it was just an "old wives tale" or is there something in it (Nostromo ?)
    [/quote]

There is something in it. A lot of the blood is diverted to the stomach after a heavy meal and if you jump into a (relatively) cold pool soon afterwards, there is another rapid circulatory redistribution. Not ideal for someone with a dicky ticker (Mine is fine, BTW). Although the water in the parks is warmed, it is still a lot cooler than the skin's surface temperature and on a warm day this sudden change can theoretically cause problems.
    [/quote]

Interesting, I thought it was something to do with cramp!!
    Anita

Denny's was always my favourite until we discovered the market street cafe at Celebration, great food, inexpensive, [msnsmile2]a wonderful ambience and you can eat outdoors. We went there every day for our breakfast in Oct and the same locals were there every morning, the man who tied his golden lab to the tree on the sidewalk, the lady who always wore wellies and the lady on her mobility scooter. When we went again in Jan it was the same familiar people eating breakfast outside in the sunshine, except wellie woman wasn't wearing her wellies!!!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    Favourite breakfast is the little cafe on the corner in Celebration can't remember the name of it but it overlooks the lake where the rocking chairs are, it so lovely to sit outside[msnwink]

Not tried IHOP so must do that next visit, but have gone off places like Dennys etc.[msntongue]
    [/quote]

Liz

Florida Expert
    Definitely buffet style breakfast for us. We have never tried the Golden Corral before but after the numerous recommendations for it on this site it is at the top of our list for the next visit. Making me hungry just thinking about it!
    Shirley

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1428.aspx

Florida Expert
    Hi Liz

I agree with you, the Cafe at Celebration, It's going to be the first OUT breakfast we have when we arrive, we are taking friends with us and our children have not tried it either. We hope they are all going to like it.

It all depends on what we are doing on the day as to how we breakfast.

MGM character breakfast gets a day going well.[clap]

Kaz
    KJH

Gold 5 Star Member
    We tend to have a mixture of things, sometimes eat at the villa and sometimes eat out at buffet style restaurants and sometimes sit down breakfasts at Dennys etc.

My son is a keen swimmer and he cannot go training just after a meal as it makes him sluggish and feel sick.
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    I have to admit to loving buffets and never having stayed at a villa i eat out every morning at Sizzler,Ponderosa and Golden Corral although i do like Perkins also which is not a buffet but they do serve some lovely omelets,as you can see from the photo below of my ham omelet.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Mmm looks good, mouth watering as I type.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    We tend to eat at the villa, cereal and fresh fruit...its probably the only meal of the day when we actually eat normally and don't overdo it!![msntongue]
    Sandie & Liam

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1411.aspx

We tend to eat in most days, but we have to have at least on sizzlers and a character breakfast each visit.
    Jen & Amy

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1481.aspx

Florida Expert
    We tend to eat breakfast at the villa, but I do love to have it out at least one day so that I can have corned beef hash with poached eggs.[msntongue]