Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 156 of 560 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5591

Thread: OV Slimming Club

Why not try the lighter life programme.

I have been doing it for 5 weeks and have lost 2.5 stone.

Some may say it's a bit extreme but i know two friends who did it and one lost 6 stone and another lost 4 stone. And before you ask no they haven't put it all back on. YET!

I was approx 4 stone overwight and to do Weight watchers, slimmers world etc it would take me at least a year to lose it which would just never happen for me i'm afraid.

When i heard about lighter life and that i would lose approx 4 stone in eight weeks i thought that i could donate two months of my life to put right around 15 years of heavy abuse.

No i don't feel faint, weak or anything like that, i would have to say i feel fantastic. Whether this is the weight loss or actually knowing that i am doing something about it i'm not sure but i would definatly recommend it to anyone.

If anyone is interested i could speak about it for hours so rather than send me a DM just say you would like more details on this forum and i will try to help out.

I would say that i am in no way associated with Lighter Life but just someone who thinks that with a bit of wheelpower and dedication you can get to your ideal wight by using there programme.

It has changed my life as i have lost weight that i never thought i could lose.

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1922.aspx

a little more information would be good thanks Nick, all info is taken onboard and stored!!
    i know its not going to go over night but i realise i cant stay at my size forever and all the weight that i have lost will go back on slowly if i dont do something about it now!!!!
    so fire away!
    Liesa

You've asked for it now.

The website is www.lighterlife.com

Basically it goes like this.

You are supposed to be at least three stone to go on it but bearing in mind the BMI's and recommended weights most people that consider themselves to be overweight fit the bill.

You need to go to your local representative which you can find by going to the lighter life website and sending them an email with your postcode on it and they will email back a name and telephone number for your local area. I two within approx 5 miles of where i live.

You then go and have a chat with the rep who is not just anyone as to become a rep for lighter life you must have done the programme yourself which is good as you know they have all the experiance necessary.

She will then give you a form which you need to get a Doctor or i believ Lloyds chemists can authorise basically to say that you are in reasonable health. Basically they check your blood pressure and as long as you are not dead yet i think you will be ok.

This is sent back to lighter life and away you go.

You then on a set day or evening each week go and have a meeting with a group of other people on the programme at your reps house and have a chat, a weigh in and buy your food packs for the next week.

For men you have four food packs a day and for women i believe you only get three. However i don't think i have ever eaten all four in one day as you just don't feel hungry.

The food packs comprise of soups, milkshakes and chewy bars. All in my opinion are nice enough although some are not as good as others, my advice is to try them all and you will settle on the ones you like. In an average day i usually have one soup, either Chicken, Mushroom or Thai chilli. A milkshake either caramel or Raspberry and one chewy bar either Fruit or toffee.

On top of this you need to drink at least four litres of water a day. More if possible. It sounds like a lot but i find i just have a bottle when i'm in the office which i just sip away at and the same when i am at home and i drink probably six a day.

You can have Black tea or black coffee and that is it.

Each week you go and have your weigh in and watch the weight drop off.

In the first week i lost 9lbs, second week was a further 5lbs, third week was 6lbs and week four was 10lbs, my next weigh in is tonight and i should lose another 5lbs fingers crossed.

Once you have made the decision to do it for yourself and i would say make sure you are doing it for yourself.

The first couple of days it feels a bit weird in that you have made a decision to not eat but after that i never feel hungry and to be honest i think i am turning into a bit of a Fatist. When i see people eating fatty food i think to myself how can you eat that Cr**.

Believe me i was the worlds worst for eating rubbish. I love Indian, Chinese, and all the other fatty take aways. I am not saying that when i have done my eight weeks i will not eat that food again but will try and eat it in moderation.

I know it sounds to good to be true but as mentioned before i am in no way involved in lighter life but think it could change a lot of peoples lives. It has for me.

There is also the health issues of being overweight which is really why i decided to do it, i have got two young boys, one aged 18 months and another of 4 months and i decided i need to be more active with them. My blood pressure when i first went to the doctor to go on the programme was 145/90 and when i had my check up this week as you have to go back every four weeks had dropped to 127/79. Even my Doctor couldn't believe it.

There will be times when you want an Indian, or a Big Mac or whatever is your food but just think it is only for around eight weeks for me anyway and i can put right the last 15 years of heavy drinking, eating and generally abusing my system.

The evening groups are quite good as well. I know when i started i thought it would be a waste of time and didn't want to go but it was good to meet other people doing the same diet for the same reasons and when you
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1922.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Liesa and others there are some recipes in the Mail today and some more info on the GI diet.

I have been looking into this one but I LOVE cereals and if I'm reading it correctly they are high GI ?
    Tim & Jackie Fawson

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1056.aspx

in todays mirror it says,flake breakfast cereals like cornflakes are always higher in GI then noodle-shaped ones like weetabix thats why all bran is a low GI food,
    Eating a low GI breakfast cuts the amount of calories, people tend to eat over the rest of the day by half. if you change nothing else about your diet after reading this do change your breakfast. (taken from the daily mirror)

i think if i won a few million and had someone come to my house and cook for me and lock the kitchen after they had finished, and a personal trainer with my own gym of course, then everything would be good![msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    lighter lif is the same as a diet that was out in the 80's with soups shakes and chewy bars, cant think of the name of it, a girlfriend of mine was on it at -- the cambridge diet -- the time!

sounds great for a short whack so long as it contains the right mix of vitamins etc, but ultimately you gotta change your eating attitude!

i wouldnt knock it cos it clearly works for you at the moment - well done

Trev

Lighterlife is not for me!!

Apart from the fact that I have about a stone to lose - I hate all that type of food, Im to into long term healthy eating to even consider it, but glad it work for you Nick[msnsmile2]

Todays food diary has been a chicken day[msntongue] Porridge for breackfast, open wholemeal chicken sandwich for lunch, chicken stir fry for supper, going to have homemade fruit smoothie later - snacks were handful of white grapes and some dried cranberries and a few seeds[msnsmile2]

[clap][sporty][clap][sporty][clap][sporty]

Plus a 4k run at 0530 this morning[sporty][sporty][sporty]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Florida Savvy
    Well looks like I'm back on track lost another 1lb this week. What ever I am doing is now working for me !!!!

I have been keeping a food diary and writing [u]everthing </u> dowm.

have all the old stuff from WW which is helping and riding the old push bike to work on a few days.[msnsmile2]
    Tim & Jackie Fawson

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1056.aspx

Julie, i wish i was you!

my food diary for today is ready brek at 10.30am, (normally at 8am but had to go out first thing)

lunch was some sort of wholemeal/granary style roll ham salad (didnt eat it all it was to big)
    iced bun! i know i know! blooming kids![msnscared]

no choc tho which is very good for me especially this week!
    dinner is mexican chicken breast, chipped pots baked and garden peas! wow! oh how i live!
    and then nothing till tomorrow!!

if my daughter hadnt of turned up enexpectedly i wouldve been so good!!! well i am trying hard!!!
    (shes banned from tomorrow[msnwink])
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    Julie, i wish i was you!

my food diary for today is ready brek at 10.30am, (normally at 8am but had to go out first thing)

lunch was some sort of wholemeal/granary style roll ham salad (didnt eat it all it was to big)
    iced bun! i know i know! blooming kids![msnscared]

no choc tho which is very good for me especially this week!
    dinner is mexican chicken breast, chipped pots baked and garden peas! wow! oh how i live!
    and then nothing till tomorrow!!

if my daughter hadnt of turned up enexpectedly i wouldve been so good!!! well i am trying hard!!!
    (shes banned from tomorrow[msnwink])
    [/quote]

Liesa!!! Iced bun!!! You would have to speed walk for at least an hour to burn that off[msnmad]

Right tomorrow you have a day without any treats and don't blame it on the kids as its the last thing you should be feeding littles ones unless you want them to be fat when they are adults too[msnmad][msnmad][msnmad]

I want you to imagine Im looking over your shoulder, before you eat anything think would Mach 2 approve???? If the answer is No then don't eat it OK??

Shame on you[msnsad][msnsad][msnsad]

DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING BAD IN YOUR HOUSE THEN YOU WON'T EAT IT NEITHER WILL YOU CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!