Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craft shops in or nr. Orlando

Florida Chatterbox

Craft shops in or nr. Orlando

Not sure if any of you out there are s-c-r-a-pbookers or cardmakers but I am looking for any craft shops apart from Michaels that I can go and spend a fortune in

Anita
    Anita

Gold 5 Star Member
    I cannot name any off the top of my head, but THE place to look for them could be Winter Park. It is a very arty-crafty place.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    You could try Jo-Ann's which have both and they've just opened a new store on the 192 where the Kissimmee Campground used to be (almost opposite Xanadu) and now next door to Sam's Club and in the new Super Target car park area. http://www.joann.com/
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Walmart have a great craft selection and for s-c-r-a-p-booking supplies if you are anywhere near the 27 at Clermont there is a great shop called S-c-rapbooking USA (without the hyphens - the bad language filter doesnt like it) with a great selection. Its right near the Home Depot there.
    As Blott says Jo-anns and Michaels are both very good as well.
    Nearly forgot if you use rubber stamps for cardmaking on Orange Blossom trail there is a huge stamp shop called stamp your art out which has also branched into paper supplies as well.
    3 guesses what my hobby is Anita?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Walmart have a great craft selection and for s-c-r-a-p-booking supplies if you are anywhere near the 27 at Clermont there is a great shop called S-c-rapbooking USA (without the hyphens - the bad language filter doesnt like it) with a great selection. Its right near the Home Depot there.
    As Blott says Jo-anns and Michaels are both very good as well.
    Nearly forgot if you use rubber stamps for cardmaking on Orange Blossom trail there is a huge stamp shop called stamp your art out which has also branched into paper supplies as well.
    3 guesses what my hobby is Anita?
    [/quote]

Don't know, I give up![msnwink]

I have been to Jo-anns, but it was quite small and thinking about it, I have been to stamp your art out as well, Walmart are sooooo cheap for some of the craft stuff, I am mainly looking for sizzix and quickcutz dies.

I spent four hours in Michaels last time, this didn't please the kids too much
    Anita

Gold 5 Star Member
    I didnt find many sizzix dies (havent looked for quickcutz as I've stuck to one. Ebay is often a good place to get them.
    I'm hoping when we go in March there will be more choice of the sizzix as when I bought my machine last year there weren't many places selling them.
    I can't remember exactly which Mall it is but there was also one which had a huge memory album place (I will get past the filters!!), I think it was on Hway (County Road?) 50 when we left Home Depot and followed the road through to Orlando, there was a Mall there but neither hubby or I could remember name.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Steph, I might just do a search and see what I come up with, I will let you know.

I sell a lot of my toppers on ebay, but begrudge paying full uk prices for sizzix, quickutz is lighter so easier to ship from the states.

I'll let you know what I find, when are you next going?
    Anita

Gold 5 Star Member
    I found this address:

SEA HORSE ARTS & CRAFTS
    5840, South Orange Avenue
    Orlando, FL 32809
    Ph: (407) 851 3210
    Nostromo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    I found this address:

SEA HORSE ARTS & CRAFTS
    5840, South Orange Avenue
    Orlando, FL 32809
    Ph: (407) 851 3210
    [/quote]

what is this guy like????????????? he does it every time!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap]
    helpful as ever!!!!
    you do realise Nostromo that you cant take any holidays unless you have access to a pc!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Anita
    Hubby and I are over for 10 days at the beginning of March for a "make, do and mend" trip to the villa, and of course we have to include lots of shopping time in there, especially with the new Walmart to explore just up the road.
    Babblin Boo