Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Double decker airplanes..the future?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I read that, as the plane is a double decker, it is intended passengers will embark/disembark on 2 levels.

There is some dispute on who will pay to build this expensive facility at the airports. This, at least initially, will restrict the airports it can operate from; this applies in particular to America. Would it have been different if the plane had been manufactured by Boeing I ask myself.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    I suppose if they put in self service food counters etc though they would charge extra for those bits and pieces and make money that way![msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Can you imagine the ques!!!!!
    [/quote]

Maybe the flight time would fly by whilst you queued for your food, imagune keep loosing your place in the queue though every time you had to return to your seat due to turbulance![msnscared]
    [/quote]

If eveyone was out of their seats queing at the back of the aircraft it would play havoc with the aircrafts trim the pilots would be going mad!!!!!!

Personally I can't see it happening, cabin service has not really changed in the last 30 years and I can't see a double decker plane changing things. The only really difference on a transatlantic now compared with 30 years ago is a bit of high tech equipment like inflight entertainment/phones etc and flat beds etc but basic cabin service is just the same. Can you imagine 600+ passengers having to self serve them selves - no im sorry I can't see it happening on an aircraft of that size.

All the hype of how it could have shops bars etc on board is just to increase aircraft sales! When it coming to airlines its all about bums on seats!!![msnwink]

Hey, Sarah, perhaps they will give you one of those little numbered tickets like in the supermarket deli's - so if you had to go and sit down, you wouldn't lose your place?

Or maybe you could collect your numbered ticket, go and sit down and wait for your number to be called - instead of 'chicken or beef' it would perhaps be 'ticket number 308, full English!'

Mind you, if its like most airline food it won't be worth queuing for!
    [msntongue]
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    Hey, Sarah, perhaps they will give you one of those little numbered tickets like in the supermarket deli's - so if you had to go and sit down, you wouldn't lose your place?

Or maybe you could collect your numbered ticket, go and sit down and wait for your number to be called - instead of 'chicken or beef' it would perhaps be 'ticket number 308, full English!'

Mind you, if its like most airline food it won't be worth queuing for!
    [msntongue]
    [/quote]

Think i'll stick to taking something on board with me as I really do not like the in flight food.[msnscared]
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    Impressive, but at the same time scary, you wonder how on earth something that huge can stay in the air, especially with me on it[msnsmile2]

I can't see people queueing for food, how would it work on a safety level? our seatbelts lights were on most of our last trip out!!!
    Anita

lol my thoughts to Anita!
    your not going to get me on this one!.............for an awful long time
    Liesa

Check in on line and fast bag drop, we did that last week with BA it took us literally 2 mins to check in and there were at least another 3 machines free for self service check in. We felt very smug when we saw the enormous queues for the regular check in.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    I suppose if they put in self service food counters etc though they would charge extra for those bits and pieces and make money that way![msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Liz

They would have to have a take a ticket system Sarah like the deli counter in Sainsbury's[msnwink] When they call your number you know it's your turn, that way you could return to your seat and carry o watching the movie....providing the in- flight entertainment was working
    Sorry Ellie now I've got to the end of the thread I se you've already said that! OK you can sell the idea to Richard Branson and take all the credit<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe the flight time would fly by whilst you queued for your food, imagune keep loosing your place in the queue though every time you had to return to your seat due to turbulance![msnscared]
    [/quote]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I read that, as the plane is a double decker, it is intended passengers will embark/disembark on 2 levels.

There is some dispute on who will pay to build this expensive facility at the airports. This, at least initially, will restrict the airports it can operate from; this applies in particular to America. Would it have been different if the plane had been manufactured by Boeing I ask myself.
    [/quote]
    On news this morning that Heathrow is having to spend £450 million for facilities to accomodate this plane.

How many other airports will spend that sort of money? and for a European plane at that!

gonna want to get the money back from somewhere so i expect some flights will get expensive!!!
    Liesa