Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: US airlines charging for drinks

Florida Expert

US airlines charging for drinks

As of 1st January the following US Carriers are now charging for alcoholic drinks for those travelling in economy class

US Airways
    Continental Airlines
    Delta Airlines
    Northwest Airlines
    American Airlines

The charge is £3 or $4 per drink.

Arlene

I think they were charging before x-mas - US airways certainly were!
    Fiona

Florida Savvy
    Having flown charter before to Florida, we are flying on a scheduled flight with AA in March and I was looking forward to the freebie drinks etc. and not having to fork out for every drink!!
    Guess that this is the price that we pay for the airline fare being competitively priced (cheaper than the charter flight in 2001). I do think that £3 a drink is a bit steep --> captive market I guess - not as if you can pop round the corner to another bar now is it??

Biggus
    Biggus

Florida Chatterbox
    We flew with KLM/Martinair Newcastle/Amsterdam/Orlando in December and drinks were plentiful and all free, must give a word of praise to Martinair, cabin staff were very good, meals were good and the kids got free backpacks/toys and a kiddies menu (burger/macaroni cheese) seat width is a bit tight (767/300) but I got my legroom with my doctors letter and all economy seats had at least 31".