Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funny thing happened on the way to the airport

Florida Chatterbox

funny thing happened on the way to the airport

I am an American who spends alot of vacation time in Florida and I frequent this site and have rented a villa through this site also. On our trip at Christmas, I drove to Florida from Virginia w/my daughter and my son and husband flew down a few days later. My daughter and I were to pick them up at the airport. The night we were to pick them up, we were shopping at the Premium Outlet sotres, and when it was time to leave for the airport we got in our SUV and I entered 'airport' into the Navigation system. Several airports came up, and I picked 'Sanford' without thinking much about it. As we drove out to the airport, I had a few thoughts of 'this doesn't look too familiar' but it was dark and I figured I just had never seen the airport area at night. When we drove up to the airport, I realized something was wrong, as it was 9 p.m. and no one was at the airport, there were like 10 cars there, and the airport was really small. It was then I realized that I had gone to the wrong airport. I reentered 'airport' in the navigation system and saw 'Orlando International' and realized that what I had done.
    The funny thing is that I never had even heard of Sanford airport til I started frequenting this site. But so many of you come into Sanford when you come to Florida, and I see it mentioned so much here that I actually thought that was the main airport when I had to go to the airport (even though I have flown into Orlando Internatl. myself before).
    My daughter and I got a good laugh out of this episode. As she said, 'Well Mommy, you are always talking about OrlandoVillas.com and how that forum site helps us find so many fun things to do in Florida, and now they helped us discover a new airport!'

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    OOPS!
    CDV

very good!!!![clap]
    i dont know where it is, and before coming here i thought sanford airport was in the UK
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    A few years back we landed at Orlando International and I navigated....oops again...we ended up we think about 40 miles north west in the dark.

We eventually worked our way back after an hour or two not knowing which direction we were heading most of the time Argh!!!

As we pulled onto the drive of the villa, one of the kids said "What's that thing over the driver mirror, it keeps changing every time we go round a corner, N,S,E, and W"

[:I]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well never mind you can add it to your list of places that you have been to in Florida.[msnoo]
    Sarah

You are not alone, we were in Walgreens at Champions Gate Xmas Eve when some Brits came in looking for I Drive and had landed at MCO!
    CDV

wouldnt it be funny if they were OV members!!!lol
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Some friends of ours went to Orlando in October and when I saw them the other day they said they hated the driving. They landed at MCO at 5pm and found their villa at 1.30am.[msntongue] They were staying at Davenport Lakes or Lake Davenport.
    Sally

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sally D
    Some friends of ours went to Orlando in October and when I saw them the other day they said they hated the driving. They landed at MCO at 5pm and found their villa at 1.30am.[msntongue] They were staying at Davenport Lakes or Lake Davenport.
    Sally

[/quote]

Oh they must have been knackered![zzz][zzz]
    CDV

First time we booked a villa, way back in 93 in Indian Ridge, the 417 wasn't built, and we had to use the I4, then eventually onto old lake wilson road. We'd had a delayed flight via minneapolis and it was bucketing it down when we left the airport. Turning onto old lake wilson road, after a couple of hundered yards, no streetlights, nothing, just pitch black. Crawlin along we kept saying we'll get there soon. 30 minutes later after we had somehow looped back via the i4 again, we found it. I was concentrating so hard on the road, i'd ignored our lad pointing out what i thought he'd said was 'there's indian village over there' 20 minutes previously. [:O][:O][:O]
    Wilf & Sarah