Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: How many times have you been to Florida

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once

10 4.07%
  • Twice

16 6.50%
  • Three times a lady

14 5.69%
  • Between 4 and 10

114 46.34%
  • 10 plus

90 36.59%
  • Haven''t been yet, but can''t wait!!!

2 0.81%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many times have you been to Florida

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    Shall I tell you about how it is now? Or perhaps not? Oh, I'm going to anyway!

The sun's shining, it's around 80F, there a few little puffy clouds, the rear lake (can't see the front one at the mo) is like a millpond with no ripples at all apart from the fish, there's a heron fishing (and two little boys) as well as some egrets and an anhinga, we saw the alligator this morning and the sand hill cranes, it's really quiet and peaceful... and we've been working all day inside getting ready for the photographer coming tomorrow!
    [/quote]

I'm not jealous, really i'm not, no i'm not!!![msnwink] Ok just little, well maybe a lot then.
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    I've lost count too. Apart from holidays I travelled to Florida many times over the last 21 years as cabin crew for BA.

Florida Chatterbox
    Vicky & I used to work for Carnival cruise lines, I was there for 5 years and fell in love with the place mainly Miami but 18 months out of Port Canaveral, since we got married in 1994 we have been at least twice a year, and are looking forward to going more often, why go anywhere else ?
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

More than 10 for holidays, started going in 1983, and tons of times to Miami when I was BA Concorde Crew[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    About 15 times, 5 in the last year, feels like we are going home when we arrive on Florida soil.
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    May 96 ... hotel package hol - 2 weeks
    Nov 97 ... first villa 2 weeks at Lindfields
    Sept 00 ... one week travelling east coast and back up west coast ( stopped over night in Cocoa, Pompano, Fort Myers, Clearwater) then one week villa Southern Dunes
    Sept 03 ... villa 2 weeks at Indian Pointe incl overnight stop in Clearwater
    Sept 04 ... allocated townhouse(no pool)package hol - 1 week
    Dec 04 ... villa 1 week at Calabay Parc

six times so far and it's getting shorter between trips...can't wait to go again, but house improvemnets this year (double height extn) so could be a while [msncry] And I've got to get there for 3 weeks someday, so I can fit in a good stint in the Keys.

Blott, it sounds lovely, might try Jan next time, or link to half term in Feb like Fiona.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I just realised that the question said FLORIDA and not just Orlando and vicinity. In addition to my 5 aforementioned visits to Orlando, I have been to Miami twice. The first time was way back in 1963 when I was 7 years old, but I have a good recollection of most events. Don't recall the name of the hotel but I still remember a large photo featuring JFK & Jackie in the lobby. We went to Miami again in 1992.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    I just realised that the question said FLORIDA and not just Orlando and vicinity. In addition to my 5 aforementioned visits to Orlando, I have been to Miami twice. The first time was way back in 1963 when I was 7 years old, but I have a good recollection of most events. Don't recall the name of the hotel but I still remember a large photo featuring JFK & Jackie in the lobby. We went to Miami again in 1992.
    [/quote]

I bet you have seen a tremendous amount of change over the years Nostromo...you were very well travelled for back then in 63. In that year, when I was 2, we went to the Isle of Man - abroad for us then. Our children are getting to see much more of the world, and I hope they go on to see as much as you have.

Florida Savvy
    At the very least I think we can all rest, safe in the knowledge that the experts really do have the experiences to back up their comments......not that I ever doubted them for a second, obviously!![msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]
    Phil & Mel Moore

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
    I bet you have seen a tremendous amount of change over the years Nostromo...you were very well travelled for back then in 63. In that year, when I was 2, we went to the Isle of Man - abroad for us then. Our children are getting to see much more of the world, and I hope they go on to see as much as you have.
    [/quote]

The only reason that I am 'well travelled' is cos I had no choice as a kid. My foster parents took me along wherever they went, but there is a darker side to the story as well. My earliest visit anywhere was in November 1959 to Hawaii. It was just after my 4th Birthday, but I do know that we were supposed to have stayed in a 'Village Hotel' that was taken over by Hilton a few years later. The only recollections from that visit are a palm tree very close to our balcony and a native staff member who must have helped with the luggage.
    Nostromo