Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DowntownDisney,Boardwalk,Pleasure Island

Florida Newbie

DowntownDisney,Boardwalk,Pleasure Island

Hi all. I am good and confused now.

Is Downtown Diney, the Boardwalk, and Pleasure Island all the same places or different?
    How do you get in them? Do they have there own parking?
    Do they cost to get in?
    They sound like nice places to relax some. We are not staying at Disney and want to check these places out. Your sight has been very helpful. We should be in Orlando one week from now. Thanks, Ken

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Ken

it does all get a bit confusing sometimes [msnsmile]

Downtown Disney is the collective name of 3 areas all linked together and within easy walking distance. If you start at one end you can walk right through all 3 areas. These are made up of Disney Marketplace, then Disney's Pleasure Island and finally Disney West Side.

There is free parking which runs behind the whole of Downtown Disney, just remember where you parked [msnwink] and there is no charge. Downtown is clearly signposted from every entrance to Disney property and not hard to miss, just watch out for the Planet Hollywood globe.

We love Downtown and always have at least 2 or 3 trips there for a meal and to people watch.

Disney Broadwalk is another similar venue, with a few shops, restaurants and bars, and is busier in the evenings. It also has it's own car park, also free. Another way to get to Broadwalk is on the boat from MGM or Epcot, so you could leave the car at one of the parks and nip off to Broadwalk for a while [msnsmile]

Have a great holiday [msnsmile2]
    Rosie

Ken
    Tell us what you think once you've been. It is on our list of things to do when we visit this year.
    [:I]
    Karen Scott

Florida Expert
    Its a wonderful place with loads to do for all ages. A few resturaunts within are Rain Forest, House of Blues with live entertainment in the evening. There is also a Virgin Records shop which is suppose to be the biggest in the world. They also have boat rides that you can rent out, lots of shops to visit and loads more!
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

thanks for all this info, i to know nothing about this place, so any info about it is good, think we would like to have a look around,
    forgive my ignorance on this, do you get through after paying at disney entrances? i dont know.......
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Liesa

no you don't need to go through one of the "parks" to get there. Its on Disney property but seperate from the parks, it costs nothing to go there and look around. Its a wonderful place for a chill out after the hustle and bustle of the parks [msnsmile]

Even the parking is free there unlike the parks [msnwink]
    Rosie

thats really good to know thankyou for that, will definately go there, we done the parks now so want to look at other things, and of course those that dont cost a small fortune
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh I didn't mention that we usually end up spending a fortune there on the grandkids [msnwink]
    The World of Disney store is the biggest one in the world and I just can't walk past without taking a peek......
    Rosie

doh .....thanks for that then have 4 of the pesky blighters[msnwink]
    oh well thats what theyre for![msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't miss Wolfgang Puck's for dinner at Marketpalce (not the express place, but the real restaurant across from Virgin Records).

Also, Boardwalk is a great place to watch the fireworks.