Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DowntownDisney,Boardwalk,Pleasure Island

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
    Don't miss Wolfgang Puck's for dinner at Marketpalce (not the express place, but the real restaurant across from Virgin Records).

Also, Boardwalk is a great place to watch the fireworks.
    [/quote]

Yes, WP is good but avoid Bongo's Cuban cafe at all costs. Bad food, dirty and dodgy crowd on weekends.
    Nostromo

taking notes...............[msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all the replies. We definitly have a better understanding of the lay out now.
    We are looking forward to checking it out.
    Thanks alot, Ken

Florida Chatterbox
    Also, the pin trading store at the end of Disney Baordwalk's west side (on the walk down towards Rain Forest Cafe) is the best pin trading sight at Disney. There are about 6 tables outside and in the evenings people set up their pin notebooks and displays and trade. My kids had a blast there. and i ended up trading some too.

Our favorite part of the Disney Boardwalk was renting the "Bicycle Carriages". We rented one last time down and couldn't stop laughing the whole time we peddled around the boardwalk. 4 adults peddled, 3 kids went along for the ride. Had races with another family (they only have one speed - so you have to peddle faster to go faster). Lots of fun!
    Denise
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1568.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]

[/quote]

Which parks Fireworks do you get a great view of ? is it free to enter Boardwalk ? can you walk from Downtown to Boardwalk ?

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's also a good place to go (especially with kids) on Halloween if you happen to be there at that time of year. They usually have a halloween costume competition. I've seen quite a lot of holiday makers taking part altho I don't know what you need to do to enter [msnsmile]
    Julie

I believe you get an excellent view of the Epcot fireworks from the Boardwalk although I haven't actually done it myself. You would ned to use your car between Boardwalk and Downtown. Had areally excellent meal in the Rainforest cafe when were there recently.[msntongue]quote]Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]

[/quote]

Which parks Fireworks do you get a great view of ? is it free to enter Boardwalk ? can you walk from Downtown to Boardwalk ?
    [/quote]

Liz

Florida Savvy
    It's the Magic Kingdom (Wishes) fireworks which you get the best view of, in the distance across the lake. Epcot is actually behind the boardwalk shops and you can see bits of the Epcot display across the top of the Epcot Eiffel Tower. To do this you need to turn right when you enter the boardwalk and walk along to where the shops end - I think the last shop is the ESPN one. There's a 'shoot the basketball' type stand and just past there is your best bet. One more thing, unlike Downtown Disney, they do ask the driver for a photo ID before letting you in the boardwalk parking area so make sure you have your driving licence with you (it's the law anyway!)
    Pete
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1593.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have stayed at the Broadwalk on a few occasions, and it really has a wonderful feel[msnwink] It is particularly nice of an evening during Halloween, they have all sorts of activities there for children, mostly free too!! Much quieter place during the day, but the restaurants are excellent, there is an ESPN bar there too! You can even get married on the Broadwalk itself!!