Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Don't forget to make a note of your Carpark area!

Florida Chatterbox

Don't forget to make a note of your Carpark area!

When you first arrive at Disney, the first thing that amazes you is the size of the carparks. These are well controlled as you enter the park and you will be guided to your space. ALWAYS write down or get two or three of you to remember where you have parked otherwise 12 hours later it can lead to confusion. You will be able to board a tram/bus which will take you to the main entrances of the parks and also board the numerous ones available for your return. It is very well co-ordinated and even at peak times, the queues never seem to horrendous.

Florida Expert
    We've lost our car twice. Once at Epcot where we looked and looked and couldn't find it. We were convinced it was stolen. We had no idea what the registration number was but fortunately it is on the key with hire cars. So we decided before we reported it stolen we'd walk up and down each row (we knew the section fortunately) double-checking. And there it was - how embarrassing - good job we didn't report it stolen.
    The next time we did it we were in the multi-storey at Universal. We knew we were in Jaws but we'd got on the wrong floor entirely. Eventually we realised and went up one floor and found it.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's surprising how useful the aerial toppers are for this, we bought one of the Mickey ones with a Christmas hat and added some long ribbons, we found that on a still day the rest doesn't show up clearly enough but it doesn't need much breeze to move the ribbons and provided you're in the general vicinity of the car makes it easier to spot. We've spent a few times searching for the hire car and they all look the same.

steph

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 18/02/2002 18:45:08

Florida Expert
    We had no trouble finding our car on our last trip. We just had to look for all the junk - pens, paper etc our two kids had left on the back seat. Worked every time.

Florida Chatterbox
    One year when we went Grandad could not quite get the hang of locking the boot of the car so everytime he pressed the door unlock key the boot shot open. Quite a few times it helped us locate our silver car amongst a line of other silver cars!

Florida Chatterbox
    Aerial toppers! I have now bought 5 back to the UK and everyone has been pinched! No problem now though as I have broken my aerial off in the car wash so I won't be needing a new one. I think my favourite was Tweety Pie but it's amazing the amount of people who laughed at me when I came home with it and then asked me to get them one on my next visit!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Touch wood Jane, ours has lasted 4 years now so if it does get pinched we've had our moneys worth out of it. We half expected it to go when we put it on though.

Babblin Boo

We saw a couple with two young children who had lost their car in Magic Kingdom, the train driver asked them at what time approx. they arrived at the park.

Hey presto he told them which area to look in and an idea of rows that where filled during that time slot, and went on the radio to ask for assistance for them. A Disney van met them off the train and helped them find their car.

Thats Service for you!

Carole & Keith