Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E2 Visa renewal

Gold 5 Star Member
    Your problem with doing that is if you needed to go back to the UK for some reason, an emergency whatever, I dont think you would be able to get back in without a valid visa??
    Julie

Hi,
    you need to talk to an attorney, its not good to take and act upon advice given by others in the same situation. The problem being what works for some does not work for for others. There is an extension available. Talk with a good attorney. The last thiong you want to do is give them a tecnicality to refuse your visa, believe me they love that sort of thing.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NJB
    Our business is steadily growing & we do employ three Americans.

Does anybody know anything about the visa extension, which you can do here?

Or, if we have up to 12 months after the visa expires to stay, maybe we should wait til the business has grown a bit more and then apply.

We went back to the UK in July so we have I94 til July '06

[/quote]

Florida Newbie
    Hi Martin

Thanks for your advice
    I've just checked your background . You're from Bromgrove!!!
    I'm originally from Redditch & more recently Droitwich!!
    What a small world !!

NJB

Living in Catshill at the moment. My elctrical business gets quite a lot of insurance work in Droitwich. Small world

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NJB
    Hi Martin

Thanks for your advice
    I've just checked your background . You're from Bromgrove!!!
    I'm originally from Redditch & more recently Droitwich!!
    What a small world !!

NJB
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    Can i ask you guys what the new policy is with renewals?

I was only just talking with my attorney last week regarding E2 renewal and she told me you could post all the details to London and get preliminary approval before going back, this way there were no suprises when you were in London.

Regards
    Neil & Kay

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are always surprises. It is up to the person behind the window at interview whether you get the visa or not, there is no real knowing until you have your passport back with the stamp in. The immigration forums are full of people who get approved in Texas and then have problems at interview in London.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Here is an update on my E2 visa Renewal "story" .

We decided that the business hadn't grown enough to renew(we started our business from stratch). In April 05 when the (2 year) visa expired we applied for an extension of stay through a US attorney. Got that in Sept 05. (five months to wait for an extension)

By this time the business was doing a lot better so we applied for the E2 renewal through the same attorney Nov 05.
    We hadn't heard anything by April 06 so ,I emailed the Embassy who said they had[u] not </u> received our documents. Our attorney claimed they had contacted him for some more information that they [u]now </u> required.
    It's now June 06 .Seven months later and we still don't know!

By now our business is continuing to grow and we need to move to larger premises. The initial figures we sent to the Embassy are way out of date. I advise anyone intending to renew an E2 prepare yourself for a long wait...... Watch this space .

Gold 5 Star Member
    The whole thing is a nightmare. Someone on another forum has been waiting since September/October on a renewal and nothing lost, just two requests for further information. Losing documents or claiming the thing never arrived at all seems to be not uncommon. Situation for initial E2 applications is worse, up to a year wait for some. And people are having problems, two years now more than five years, same on renewals and being declined flat not unheard of. Makes it hard to make any plans. People keep saying it is down to this visa officer and she is about to leave but who knows?
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    <span style="color:red">[u]</u>Beware of Attorney's</span id="red">

As you can tell I am getting very impatient.I emailed the Embassy yesterday June 12 .They said [u]</u>they have searched everywhere and still haven't received any documents!!
    I forwarded this email to the attorney. He admits he only sent the documents two[u]</u> weeks ago!!

It may not be the Embassy's fault after all

Gold 5 Star Member
    You will be lucky to know ny Xmas then, I know someone in their ninth month of waiting and tge embassy has their documents. Dont some attorneys take the biscuit?
    Julie