Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our new life in Florida

Florida Junior

Our new life in Florida

hi everyone.

Finally got round to pinching my daughters lap top and sending you all a message. Arrive safely in lake mary, to frezzing cold weather I might add!!!! and its been horrible ever since. Today is 43 deg and cold. Its like being at home!!!! no not really we are settling in fine everything takes so long and you have to queue every where its worse than the UK!!!
    Spent 3 hours waiting to take our driving test and passed thank gooodness and then spent 2 hours waiting in the social security office to register. Cant get a car will have to buy one cash, but apart from all that we are fine. Very tired so much going on. Clive has started his new business as we closed on that last week. He loves it.
    Lake Mary is sooooo nice very laid back and not built up yet!
    We have a lovely apartment that overlooks the pool and a beautiful golf course, all we need now is the weather!!!
    It should be back in the 70's next week.
    We are chilling our at present and spent chrstmas day with our very close friends and 13 of their family they are Indian but she did a massive roast and trimmings no curry unfortunately!!!!
    Our dog arives on Wed and cant wait, that will make our family complete.

Hope you all had a good chrstmas.
    Janet

Hi Janet!
    thanks for keeping in touch!
    and am so glad your all settling in very well,whereabouts are you? also glad you passed your driving test it gives you that much more independance!
    its freezing here in Brighton but it was very similar when we were in florida 10 days ago!
    glad you get your dog this week as it makes it all that bit more settling!
    ANYWAY KEEP IN TOUCH!![beer]

Happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!
    Good Luck!!![lucky]
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    probably too late to wish you a merry christmas, but definitely the happiest of new years. Good luck with all your new experiences.

j rocke

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great to hear you have arrived safely, hope the weather picks up soon.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    Really glad that you have settled so well. Make sure you keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes for 2005 and I hope you all have a wonderful life.[8D]

Kaz
    KJH

A very Happy New Year to you when it comes Janet. Goodluck with your business venture and your new life in Florida.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Only three hours to take driving test and two hours in the SS office, you have done really well!! The thing to do is expect everything to take a lot longer than you are used to, check out girls and bank tellers moving in slow motion etc, officials moving at snails pace and people getting stuff wrong!! It doesnt get any better but seems better if you expect it and accept it.
    The weather has been horrible the last few days, but is improving as we go into Jan. I assume you mean cash for the car in view of no credit rating, that is a hard nut to crack, still have difficulty sometimes after 20 months!!
    Julie

Florida Expert
    all the best with your new venture Janet, happy new year
    benfilo

Florida Expert
    Janet.
    You are living just the other side of Lake Jessup from me. I'm in Winter Springs.
    You have more queues ahead! The Sanford office to get tags for you car has lines also!
    Welcome to Seminole County. You'll love it here. It's so much nice than Orange County. And you don't have to deal with the City of Orlando. If you have any any questions or concerns, send me a message. I've been here in the USA since the late 80s. Became a citizen in 1995.

Welcome home!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Chatterbox
    I left Orlando on Tuesday and it was 70 degrees, sunny, and beautiful. It was supposed to get better throughout the week. So at least the weather has changed for you...

I must say though that this is the first time we have really ventured to drive all over Orlando. The I4 was pretty bad, and for goodness sakes, stay away from Orange Blossom Trail. You could pass two or three birthdays on that road in one trip!