Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Driver's Guide

Gold 5 Star Member
    The drivers handbook link also shows the meaning of the traffic signals.
    Babblin Boo

Thanks Chrizzy! this is just what i think we all need, good sound advise!
    we have in the villa we stayed a file on road use in Florida, and i was so unsure of something, oh i remember a man sat at a turning in the left hand lane on the way to Daytona, and was circling his right arm out of the window, i shouted at steve quick does he need help? whats wrong with him?
    he said he was signaling to turn left! doh....... but had to read for myself, and want to be sure of the school buses, at florida pines where we were staying it stopped on a corner! and these tiny little tots all got off and just ran every which way! good job we saw others sit at the side of the road, even tho' it was some of their folks picking them up in a car!
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    oh i remember a man sat at a turning in the left hand lane on the way to Daytona, and was circling his right arm out of the window, i shouted at steve quick does he need help? whats wrong with him?
    he said he was signaling to turn left! doh....... [/quote]

Hey, LiesaAnna you've got me worried now. Do you drive in UK? This signal is universal, I have to use it everytime I turn into my home as it is on a junction and I want people to know I'm actually turning in.[msnwink]

yes i do drive here in the UK, but it has been such a long time since seeing someone use this method! i honestly thought he had a problem! sorry me being thick as per usual![msnembarrased]
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Chrizzy's list is the best I've seen.
    It really doesn't take much to get used to driving here. You were all taught to drive in the UK. Which automatically makes you a better driver than about 99% of all US drivers! It won't be your mistakes that get you into trouble. It'll be the old purple hair'd lady in her Caddilac. Or the 16 year old in his Jeep.
    Just remember, when you break the law here you could be hauled away in cuffs and spending a night in jail. That will also kill all your dreams of ever visiting the USA again.
    Don't speed. Don't run a stop sign. Don't run a red light. And you'll be safe and have a great vacation.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens