Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Villa areas

Florida Junior

Villa areas

Hi everyone, new here. I wonder if you could tell me where I could rent a nice quiet villa in the Orlando area? I appreciate you are not allowed to advertise here but as a frequent visitor we have had problems in the past with very noisy neighbours. Two years ago we had a 'redneck' family next door who played loud music outside until late every night. A few years back we had to suffer a noisy dog that literally barked continually. Any help appreciated. We go on holiday to relax!

Hi Badger,

If you enquire using the links above and specify that you would like a quiet home, I am sure you will get a good response.

Most villas are on communities that have Home Owners Associations, and these will usually have rulings as to noise levels etc, and they are enforceable.
    Darren

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1107.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Most of the Villa communities along US27/192 seemed nice and quiet anyway. We stayed for 3 weeks at Orange Tree and never saw even a hint of any problem, even on weekend evenings. There is the sort of 'good neighbourhood' atmosphere that you see so often in the old 1950s TV shows.
    Nostromo

Hi Badger

Welcome to the forums.

What you describe is a tricky problem, which inevitably comes down to the luck of the draw. It's unfortunate that you were disturbed on your two previous visits, but with the best will in the world, no owner can guarantee that at the time you are renting, some neighbour who may also be on vacation isn't going to be noisy.

Obviously, we owners choose our villas in locations that we ourselves would like to live in, and as Nostromo says, many have a very friendly neighbourly feel to them. Certainly, this is what influenced our puchase when we bought.

But just identifying an area or resort as "quiet" is an impossibility, as you never know who will be arriving at your neighbourhood on the next plane.

Having said that, if you did find yourself in this position again (which I sincerely hope you don't, and I must admit is pretty rare) you do have the right to notify the local sheriff and complain about noise pollution, which is taken a lot more seriously in the US than it is in the UK.

I hope this helps.

Chris
    Chris & Peter

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Badger
    Hi everyone, new here. I wonder if you could tell me where I could rent a nice quiet villa in the Orlando area? I appreciate you are not allowed to advertise here but as a frequent visitor we have had problems in the past with very noisy neighbours. Two years ago we had a 'redneck' family next door who played loud music outside until late every night. A few years back we had to suffer a noisy dog that literally barked continually. Any help appreciated. We go on holiday to relax!
    [/quote]

You could stop dog noise by staying in a resort only.....no locals and not many villa owners let dogs stay......the problem with other renters would be harder to put right ...there you'll have to phone the cops....

Florida Chatterbox
    Hello there, As the others have said if you go to any of our rental sites here and ask in the comments section for a quiet location then I'm sure that owners will reply who have homes in quieter areas. Obviously it is difficult for any owner to promise all those in surrounding houses will be quiet whilst you are there. However many communities have security patrols at night and homeowners associations who have rules about noise.
    Maureen

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1274.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Badger
    [/quote]
    Hi Badger

Take your time when searching for your perfect villa.

There are many many nice communities around the area.

Have a look at the communities available and read the description of the area.

That may give you what you want.

Also check out the links at the bottom of our posts to view our own properties.

If you need anymore info, please do not be afraid to ask!
    We are all here to make sure your holiday is the best you have had yet!

PS
    Welcome to the Forum!

[grouphug]
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Gold 5 Star Member
    As already said most of our communities have Home owners rules with noise curfews also like ours at Four Corners just far enough away from the hussle and bussle. I'm sure you will find just what you are looking for.
    Jean

Florida Expert
    welcome to the forum Badger, sorry to hear about the couple of bad experiences. We just stayed in a hotel off the 192, the only gripe about the place was the noise from the room above.
    When we were ther we had a good look round at some of the communities (as we're in the process of buying) as Nostromo says there are a lot of nice homes in that area and I'm sure you'll find something suitable .
    good luck
    benfilo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think many owners have clauses in their terms and conditions to prevent this sort of behavior (we do) and it would be the job of the MC to enforce it. I do believe it was just bad luck that you had problems with noise on two separate holidays (so sorry!!). Definitely do (as others have suggested) mention this issue when you inquire about a villa for the next holiday and if you should come across this situation again, definitely report this to the property manager as they may be able to help, especially if they also manage the property next door!