Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: £1000 to fly home 24 hours before

Gold 5 Star Member
    These things always happen to other people - why can't we get lucky once?

£250 each for 1 day would be tempting for me but it might depend how long the trip is overall.

Florida Expert
    We had a similar offer on our last trip 7 of us offered $200 each to catch a flight 2 hours later. We took it. The children had some extra pocket money and I kept the rest for extra treats/ meals out. On a 3 week trip will you really miss one day ?

We turned doen ££500 each and overnight expenses to take the next days flight. I am still kicking myself!
    Jo

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's always worth enquiring after an upgrade on the replacement flight, as if the replacement flight has seats available in the higher class it isn't really costing the airline anything to put you there; save from an extra meal - that they probably would have been carrying anyways. The seat in club is going to fly whether it's empty or full.

Personally, when I hear the announcement looking for voluntary stand-downs I'll usually enquire if there is an option to take an upgrade (or upgrade vouchers) on the alternative flight instead of the cash. If you get a dispatcher who is switched on and can think for themselves they will sometimes go for this as it costs the airline nothing, they save a couple of stand-down fares and you get to fly club and so have a great flight and will probably fly with them again. Everybody wins.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    We always offer to be bumped but have yet to be accepted[msncry]If I was offered this deal I would take it and put it towards another set of flights[msnwink]
    Ruth

Florida Chatterbox
    I would deffo go for it whilst you are going for 3 weeks and do like the others say above.

Florida Chatterbox
    We have accepted this offer, our holiday was for 3 weeks and 1 day anyway. We have already booked our flight for summer so will put this £1000 towards Christmas 2005.[clap]
    Will let you know how we get on with the vouchers.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1632.aspx

Florida Expert
    Last year we offered to be bumped off at New York by Virgin - we were accepted and got a free flight each via Virgin - we were given vouchers at the time. We used them last Christmas to go to St Lucia our friends came with us and had to pay £1500 each for the flight ! We didn't have to stay overnight but were still given a hotel room.

Florida Newbie
    Go for it.

My wife and i were going to L.A lasts year and had to fly from Manchester to heathrow to go with Delta and were bumped to the next flight , we got a £50 note each and free drinks at the bar with snacks.
    Had 2 hours at heathrow instead of 4. Not bad !
    Bump me any time !
    grahame

Florida Expert
    Friend of mine was in the check in queue at San Francisco last september when they started asking for volunteers to take another flight via LA instead of direct to Paris.

He got £450 for doing so off Air France and wasn't any later getting home as he still caught his connecting flight from CDG to NCL.

Virtually paid for his airfare in the first place.

We volunteered to be bumped off last October and go home 24 hours later. Had a lovely day in Atlanta with free hotel accommodation and food vouchers for 24 hours and a voucher which meant our trip this month has only cost us £180 each.
    Maureen Green