Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Suggestions PLEASE!

Gold 5 Star Member

Christmas Gift Suggestions PLEASE!

I need to send Christmas gifts to a family in New York comprising of Mom, Dad & 3 kids aged 10(girl), 7(girl) and 2(Boy). These are very special friends with whom we have had a rather stormy relationship over the years, but are trying to be in friendly terms again. I thought sending them nice Christmas Gifts could be a good start but am stumped on what's appropriate given the circumstances. I have set aside about £250 for the family (flexible) and would welcome suggestions on what to choose. Please advice (I am not very good with such things).
    Nostromo

Have you thought of letting them have your villa free for a week in the slow season?
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynnes
    Have you thought of letting them have your villa free for a week in the slow season?
    [/quote]

I would have if I owned a villa! Unfortunately, I don't and so I am reduced to usual things like Ties, Brooches, toys etc. (PS: The choice for the lady would perhaps be a bit more important than the others)
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    How old is the Mom? I will be your personal shopper on this one!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    How old is the Mom? I will be your personal shopper on this one!
    [/quote]

38 and very glamorous! Her husband, whom I have known for 36 years since we were kids, is a real Neanderthal who once gave his wife a DVD of "The Terminator" as a Valentine's gift! (I think you get the picture). I don't mind (in fact, I would love to) rankle him a bit with my choice of gifts to both of them.
    Nostromo

MMMM.....What would I like as I am around the same age and like a bit of glamour. Chanel Makeup is lovely, maybe too intimate though, or a nice silk scarf, earrings or a bangle maybe, gold of course, always a winner! Maybe a pair of designer sunglasses or a designer belt, maybe a nice glamourous evening bag. Clothing would be too intimate I think. (You could buy your male friend a wooly pully though - the most garish one you could find)!

Now when it comes to your wife I can tell you where to buy the best!!!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks CDV. I really like the idea of a garish wooly pully for that guy - but the problem is, he may actually like it! Chanel stuff sounds nice, but I wouldn't know how to buy it and I'm sure not going to ask MY wife for help! (It's kinda....well, complicated). Maybe I'll have to choose a nice Brooch and get books and toys for the kids.
    Nostromo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    Thanks CDV. I really like the idea of a garish wooly pully for that guy - but the problem is, he may actually like it! Chanel stuff sounds nice, but I wouldn't know how to buy it and I'm sure not going to ask MY wife for help! (It's kinda....well, complicated). Maybe I'll have to choose a nice Brooch and get books and toys for the kids.
    [/quote]

Pretty sure you can buy it on line. If you look at Harvey Nichs or Selfridges or even Debenhams they all sell it. I can't help you unfortunately as I buy mine at the airport as it is harder to come by where I live at the mo. Brooch sounds nice especially with a nice silk scarf! Good shopping!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thank you very much CDV. You're a real pal, especially since you have not borne any grudge for being beaten in the race to the finish for the Gold Stars ! Merry Christmas!!
    Nostromo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    Thank you very much CDV. You're a real pal, especially since you have not borne any grudge for being beaten in the race to the finish for the Gold Stars ! Merry Christmas!!
    [/quote]

Hey I let you win![xmas2]
    CDV