Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have our Visa

Florida Junior

We have our Visa

Just sharing my good news. Just heard that we have been given a 5 year visa. Im soooooooooooooooo excited. Just the interview now and then Florida here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Janet

Florida Expert
    Thats great news Janet, good luck. Our close friends did the same last year, I think we see more of them now than we did when they lived in UK.
    Where in Florida are you moving to?

Linda

Florida Junior
    We are moving to Lake Mary about 5 miles from Sanford. Its a nice place and thats where the business is based. Just have to wait for our interviews now.

Janet

well done!!!!!!!
    Liesa

great news Janet I know you have been waiting for some time. Good luck with the business and don,t forget all of us here on the forum when you move[msnwink]

Liz

Florida Junior
    Thanks everyone. I wont forget you all I will keep you posted. I have some hard work to do now and when we get there. I need to sit my nursing exam, so I will be busy. We are all very excited.

Janet

Florida Expert
    Cngratulations,

What is the 'business' you are going over too? If you don't mind me being nosy[8D]
    KJH

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well done, I remember the feeling. How long is the wait till your interview?
    Julie

Florida Junior
    The wait at the moment is 1 week so hopefully we will get over there for chrstmas. Our visa consultant lesley Sillitto will inform us on Monday.
    We have brought a pool business which has been established for 11 years and serves lake mary and surrounding areas. Busy pool business with renovations etc website is [weebsite link edited] if anyone interested in looking.

Janet

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lake Mary is good as it will be residential pools. You can charge a lot more for those than you can in the Disney corridor where the low prices a man co can pass on to an owner really depresses the monthly fee a pool guy can expect. Also you will have a wider spread of customers. Hope it all goes well for you anyway.

If there is anything you would like to know about the practicalities, dont hesitate to ask, been there, bought the tee shirt, washed it and shrunk it. I know you are all euphoric now, I know I was, but it isnt easy when you first arrive so if you expect it to be difficult and not quite as you thought, you wont be disappointed. The first few weeks are spent queuing up and dealing with horrible US bureacracy along with the huddled masses. And finding out that as an immigrant you are classed along with the penniless non English speaking Mexican even though you may be educated British, with a big business and a nice balance in the bank. We found that hard as we were established professionals in the UK. It takes about a year to establish a US identity and sort everything out. It is something that has to be worked through, a sort of baptism of fire.
    Julie