Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting up a buisness

Florida Newbie

starting up a buisness

my wife and i just talked to a immigration consultant about setting up a new buisness rather than buying a buisness ,has anybody heard about this or was he just trying to get our money to process us anyway and end up buying a buisness to get to live in florida also dose owning owning a house and land plus paying tax help.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nope, owning a house and paying taxes doesn't help or else we'd all probably be there!

You can start up a new business but it's more risky (obviously) than buying a ready made already trading business. You need a really good business plan and some research showing that you will have a market and it can trade successfully in order to apply for an E2 visa.

You can also buy a franchise for a new business which will probably help you with both your business plan and have marketing already in place, plus successful sites elsewhere.
    blott

Florida Savvy
    Probably the lawyer is referring to the fact that it's better to get an L1 visa in the long run, especially if you have children, as opposed to an E2 perhaps??

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can do it on a plan, but need to show concrete investment too. Was told I could do it on a franchise but would have to show investment by way of wehicles etc, eg $50,000 for the franchise plus two or three vehicles to make the substantial investment. I know a couple of people who did it on plan alone. One started a car hire firm with a USP and it was a very good idea though he isnt doing it any more. The other started a management agemcy in an area where there really wasnt any, If you can get a very good original idea, do a very good plan with reeearch into market, financial projections etc and you could show investment in vehicles and equipment, then you could try. It is MUCH harder than going on an existing businesss and as they are upping the investment needed apparently, will be harder still. Ane remember, you will be arriving without any income... There is also no saying your business will work. If you buy one at least you will have tax returns and know that someone in the past managed to make a living out of it.
    Owning property is passive investment and does not help a hoot.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    thanks for all your advice,can anyone recomend a good immigration consultant either in england or florida,also what is the rough price of the work they do for getting a e2 visa we just want to compare with the quote we have had many thanks
    barry & jill

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by papaya
    thanks for all your advice,can anyone recomend a good immigration consultant either in england or florida,also what is the rough price of the work they do for getting a e2 visa we just want to compare with the quote we have had many thanks
    barry & jill
    [/quote]
    http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html

Gold 5 Star Member
    Agree totally with Rays recommendation of Lesley, I paid her around £2700 I think. She is one of the few visa consultants who will tell you like it is.
    Julie

I used Lesley, it cost just over £3000.00 but she is good.

Ditto Lesley, have several friends who used her.

Gold 5 Star Member
    What are you going to be up to in Lake Worth, getmeoutoftheuk?
    Julie