Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa - More opinions please

Florida Savvy

Visa - More opinions please

Ok, here's the history. Thirty odd years ago Mum went into a food shop and got a few groceries, a bag of Sugar was not rung up by the Shop Assistant, and mum packed her bags and walked out of the shop with me (3years Old) to go home.

She was then frogmarched back into the shop and the police were called. She can't remember exactly what happened next but they think it went to court and was dismissed.

Last week we had back from the main Police Body that she did not have anything marked against her name - No Criminal Record.

So my question is do I tell her we need to book an appointment or not, she has been to the USA Two times before and allways put NO in the Arrested box.

Help[msncry][msncry][msncry]

We thought we had it sorted but reading other threads am still unsure.

Kerry-Ann<span style="color:black"></span id="black"><span style="color:black"></span id="black"><span style="color:black"></span id="black">

Florida Chatterbox
    Put letter from records office in handbag fill in form on plane and go if adsked show letter as you cannot get information if none is to be got This is only my view others may differ
    Stephen and Pam

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1233.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mollymoo

Last week we had back from the main Police Body that she did not have anything marked against her name - No Criminal Record.

So my question is do I tell her we need to book an appointment or not, she has been to the USA Two times before and allways put NO in the Arrested box.

Help[msncry][msncry][msncry]

We thought we had it sorted but reading other threads am still unsure.

Kerry-Ann
    [/quote]

In that case, I would have thought she should still write 'NO', but keep the letter confirming that she has no criminal record just in case. Again, it is only my view and let us see what Big Sis has to say.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Are you saying if you can't find the record then it never happened? How can you truthfully put No on a form which asks you if you've ever been arrested if you have been?
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    It all comes down to being arrested or not. If she was arrested even if found not guilty she needs a visa.

However my understanding is that you could be reported and prosecuted for an offence without being arrested. If she wasn't arrested and, as you say, the case was dismissed she is probably OK.

Florida Savvy
    Blott,

Its not that I can't find the record, It's the CRB. We have payed the CRB or what ever they are called to do a full record check on my mum so we could apply for a visa. They have told us there is no Criminal Record held for my mum.

If I did apply for a visa, I would need Court Records etc and the paperwork from the CRB but if there is no record held how would I get them.

My understanding was they can find you out, but if the main Police Body doesn't have anything on their records it says to me that the USA won't have anything eiter[msnscared][msneek][msneek]

Kerry-Ann

Florida Expert
    I don't want to worry you , but there are two levels of CRB check.

As I understand it , the standard one may not pick it up. The enhanced check will also list things where charges were dropped or the police have suspicions.
    Jo

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[/quote]However my understanding is that you could be reported and prosecuted for an offence without being arrested. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[/quote]

Correct.
    Which means it was very minor and there are no finger print records etc.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sorry Kerry-Ann, I understand what you're saying but I was just pointing out that as the police were called and there was a court case, it seemed to me more than likely that an arrest must have been made. In which case, putting No on the visa waiver form just wouldn't be the truth. Personally, I wouldn't be able to do this with a clear conscience.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    Are you saying if you can't find the record then it never happened? How can you truthfully put No on a form which asks you if you've ever been arrested if you have been?
    [/quote]

Well, I am thinking of it this way. If there is no record of this arrest at all, then officially it did not happen. So, if a person admits to this arrest, he/she then may be accused of lying since there is no record of such an arrest! I was thinking of people in the past (including my wife) who have tried to make a joke of the silly sounding questions ( "have you ever been a terrorist?" etc) that they ask and got themselves into trouble. This arrest thing might be construed in the same way.
    Nostromo