Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing In

Florida Chatterbox

Signing In

Can somebody please help me? Everytime I enter the forum homepage I can see that I am not signed in even though everytime I visit the forums I sign in and click the keep me signed in button. Also the last visited day was 23rd October even though I am on daily. Is it just me?
    Nigel

http://www.villasflorida.com/Villas/1315.aspx

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Looks like you have something on your PC blocking the forums storing a logon cookie. Have you got a firewall or some other security settings that might be blocking forum cookies?

Florida Chatterbox
    To be honest John I haven't got a clue I am having so many problems with my isp at the moment they tell me to do this and that but it still doesnt solve anything. If it is the firewall how do I stop it?
    Nigel

http://www.villasflorida.com/Villas/1315.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    My problem sometimes has been difficulty in signing OUT of OV forums. When I was in Lapland in January this year, I was using the public PC in the lodge to post messages in the OV forum. Although I signed out and made sure the relevant box was NOT ticked, my full username came up as soon as I typed 'N' in the box; then if I clicked on it to confirm, the encrypted password appeared in the other box. I have never understood why this happened; even I cannot be that popular! [msnwink]
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    John

I have to log into every heading with a password in the Villa Owners area and the Villa Advertisers area every couple of days. I assume that there is some problem with the way my computer is configurated, but I have tried everything I can think of with no success.

I wondered if it would be possible to password protect just the Villa Owners and Villa Advertisers area and then allow free access to the topics? This would mean that I would only have to enter one password for each area rather than the current situation where I have to input the same password (within each section) several times. Hope this makes sense [msnscared]
    Shirley

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1428.aspx

It's a problem with cookies on your PC. Once you sign in to those areas for the first time the form will attempt to store a cookie on your PC so you do not keep having to add the password everytime. If your PC is blocking the cookies then this will then stop the forum being able to do this and so the forum has no option but to assume you have never logged into that area before and ask for a password all the time.

The first thing to try is to delete ALL cookies on your PC and then re-start your PC and try again.
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SG
    John

I have to log into every heading with a password in the Villa Owners area and the Villa Advertisers area every couple of days. I assume that there is some problem with the way my computer is configurated, but I have tried everything I can think of with no success.

I wondered if it would be possible to password protect just the Villa Owners and Villa Advertisers area and then allow free access to the topics? This would mean that I would only have to enter one password for each area rather than the current situation where I have to input the same password (within each section) several times. Hope this makes sense [msnscared]
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    I have tried deleting all cookies and restarting the computer before to no avail but will give it another go and report back. Thanks for you help.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    It's a problem with cookies on your PC. Once you sign in to those areas for the first time the form will attempt to store a cookie on your PC so you do not keep having to add the password everytime. If your PC is blocking the cookies then this will then stop the forum being able to do this and so the forum has no option but to assume you have never logged into that area before and ask for a password all the time.

The first thing to try is to delete ALL cookies on your PC and then re-start your PC and try again.
    John

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Shirley

What browser (and version) do you use?

I have tried deleting all cookies and restarting the computer before to no avail but will give it another go and report back. Thanks for you help.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

John

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    Mozilla Firefox 5.0. Had the same problem when I used Internet Explorer.

John

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    Mozilla Firefox 5.0. Had the same problem when I used Internet Explorer.

[quote]Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

[quote]Originally posted by SG

[quote]Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Originally posted by SG
    John

John

Still have the problem. Have had to log into each one again today [msnscared]
    Shirley