Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: islands of adventure!!!!!!!!

just had a good look Jan, its worth while doing it this way , but dont know now if i've allowed enough time,
    sorry i meant about delivery time!!!! i would get myself in a state of panic! as we leave in 30 or so days!!!!
    Liesa

If you can make time then i would suggest you give it a go. I am sure you would all like it.
    Jan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    just had a good look Jan, its worth while doing it this way , but dont know now if i've allowed enough time,
    sorry i meant about delivery time!!!! i would get myself in a state of panic! as we leave in 30 or so days!!!!
    [/quote]
    I think they say tickets should normally arrive in 10 - 14 days Leisa, so plenty of time. IOA is great, but I hate the cat in the hat ride...too twizzy round and Spiderman makes me sick as well, I'm no good with virtual reality. I love the hulk and Dr doom though![msnsmile2]

Liz

Florida Expert
    I'm the whimp too. Love Spiderman though and Popeye and Blutos barges. First time didn't know what the Jurassic ride was about so just got on it. Loved it and went on again this year 3 times. My girls laugh at me as that is as brave as I get.

what is the jurassic park ride? is it water ride?
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    what is the jurassic park ride? is it water ride?
    [/quote]

Yes. You are in a 16-person Raft that initially meanders through a prehistoric jungle setting with noises and shadows reminding you that there are dangerous Dinos loose. You then climb into a sort of research facility building where your raft is attacked by a T-Rex, but you escape via a big 80-foot (and very wet!) drop to safety. Quite good.
    Nostromo

can you fall out???[confused]
    Liesa

[/quote]

Not really, it appears as more as a rollercoster car than a raft and a bar holds you in.
    Jen & Amy

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1481.aspx

You cannot fall out. You are in a large boat with a lap bar going across you, it is not as scary as nostromo's accounts appears (if it was I wouldn't be ever on it). Your only big question should be will I get wet and the answer is yes.
    Jan

Gold 5 Star Member
    [/quote]

Actually, it depends. They have TWO T-Rexes that are let loose in turn on the visitors. One of them (the female) is bigger and meaner and tends to get a bit...well, overenthusiastic...with her attacks on the raft. If the restraining cables stretch too far, then there is every possibility that one or more riders may fall out...or worse, end up as the big T's lunch. I have heard that there have been a few near-misses, but no major mishaps thus far. I am sure that you'll be all right Leisa, but just to be sure, try to sit in the middle of the raft.[msnscared]
    Nostromo