Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New ride

Gold 5 Star Member

New ride

10/27/2004
    Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Goes Over The Edge With 'SheiKra'

Tampa, Fla. (Oct. 27, 2004) – This spring, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will reinforce its reputation as Florida’s premier thrill-packed adventure park by unveiling SheiKra, the nation’s first dive coaster.

Set among the jungle ruins of a once-mighty African civilization, SheiKra will carry riders up 200 feet at 45 degrees, then hurtle them 70 mph back toward the ground at a 90-degree angle. It will be the first coaster of its kind in the Americas and only the third in the world. Similar diving coasters in England and Taiwan can’t match the height, speed and intensity SheiKra will offer.

SheiKra is the first dive coaster to incorporate an Immelmann loop, a water feature, and a second 90-degree, 138-foot drop through an underground tunnel. The ride also includes a 360-degree climbing carousel. SheiKra’s 3,188 feet of steel track offers a total ride time of just over three minutes.

“With its adrenalin-pumping vertical drops, high speed, multiple coaster elements and overall experience, SheiKra is certain to fulfill thrill seekers’ expectations and solidify Busch Gardens Tampa’s standing as the state’s coaster king,” said Dan Brown, executive vice president and general manager, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

As the eighth member of the park’s family of renowned coasters, SheiKra will serve as the centerpiece of a new, lushly themed habitat within Busch Gardens’ Stanleyville area. The enhanced area will also include new shopping options and a 500-seat, indoor/outdoor full-service restaurant situated on the coaster’s perimeter, allowing guests to be a part of the action while dining.

The one in England mentioned just has to be OBLIVION at Alton Towers. For anyone who has been on that, wow what a rush, if this one is better (or worse as you see it!!) it should be quite comething. I am presuming they are building this where the old Stanleyvilla Theater was as that has been closed for quite some time.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes, I've been on Oblivion and its good. But it is nothing like this SheiKra's 200 feet (more like 120, I think) and lasts less than a minute in the ride part. The new Busch ride certainly sounds interesting.

I think it could well be a part of increasing the idea of 'separate holiday for itself' status the Gulf Coast in visitor's minds (ie going there without coming to the big 'O'). With Clearwater, Ridington Beach, Busch Gardens, Tampa etc they ate probably halfway there already.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    We couldn't decide about returning to Busch Gardens next year but this new ride probably means we'll go now, sounds great. Went on Oblivion 2 days ago - its good but this sounds better (and I'm betting it will be warmer than it was at Alton Towers in October !!)

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ahhhhhh, so that's what they are building. We did wonder when we were there this summer. The area boarded off is huge. If the existing rides at Busch are anything to go by this one could be a real monster!
    Steve

we've definately decided to go back to Busch gardens!! but now we've seen that its definately definately decided

[V][V][msncry][msncry]

doh, at least we can see it being built!!!!!!
    [msntongue][msnembarrased]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    At least it will be finished by the time we can afford to go back - Shame for you going soon though........... Not ready till Spring, and if they are using usual builders, then it will be open for next Halloween!

Florida Chatterbox
    I will get as far as the restaurant [msnscared]

WR
    WR

Florida Expert
    I'll hold the coats - Oh no - can't use that excuse in Florida. Pregnancy - no thanks, maybe a dodgy back or dickie ticker then!

Any suggestions for more excuses?
    Jo

Florida Expert
    I vaugely remember reading something, somewhere about low blood pressure and roller coasters so I'll use that excuse.

Jacqui
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/73.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi all

Just had a look at the new ride on their site and did the video it looks great and at the end says May, does anyone know when in May?[msnoo]

Thanks

Cindy