Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: exchange rate - elections

Florida Chatterbox

exchange rate - elections

the exchange rate for $ seems to be rising. at the bank today it was 1.762 and was 1.74 a few weeks ago. obviously at different places the rates vary. is the increase because of the election and does anyone think it is likely to rise further.
    tracey

Florida Newbie
    I was listening to a topic on the radio this morning and the analysts are saying that America are purposly allowing the dollar to weaken. They are pedicting that it may go to $1.50 v's the Euro (currently $1.28 ) so for what its worth you should hang on!
    David

Gold 5 Star Member
    Does seem worth hanging in there for a bit
    Chrisj

XE are quote 1.839 at the moment.

post office yesterday morning i ordered them at $1.75.??? to the £1

which was better when i ordered a load 3 weeks ago! which was $174.????

Liesa

I am holding on a little longer before I transfer anymore cash.

DOM
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I was listening to a topic on the radio this morning and the analysts are saying that America are purposly allowing the dollar to weaken. They are pedicting that it may go to $1.50 v's the Euro (currently $1.28 ) so for what its worth you should hang on!
    [/quote]

This has been said many times. The best brains in the financial centres of the world, with access to every possible piece of data, try to estimate which way exchange rates will go. They gamble millions on the £/$ rate changing by a fraction of a cent. They often get it wrong as rates are affected by unforeseen and unforcastable events - war/terrorism etc.

The exchange rate at any time is what these experts think it is worth. If they knew the Dollar was going to weaken, even by one cent, they would be selling billions of dollars to buy them back at a later date and make a big profit.

It should not be forgotten that many financial analysts have a vested interest in spreading ‘misinformation’.

Us poor mortals have no chance – I can confidently predict if the exchange rate changes it will go either up or down!!!

Florida Expert
    Agreed, I can confidently predict that the rate is better now than it was when I bought last December but not quite as good as I got in March [:P]

The rate will be as good a rate as it has been for quite a while so whenever you buy them it will be a good rate so don't worry too much about whether you could have saved an extra cent.[msnwink]

Hi Tracy,
    I bought from the Bank this morning at a rate of $1.76 which is not too bad. My friend Mo said that M & S are offering $1.77 which is quite good. The trouble with exchange rates is that they can go down as well as up, but you often get a good rate just using your credit card when in the States.
    Cheers[drinkbeer]
    Val

Gold 5 Star Member
    M&S always seem to offer slightly better rates!!

Not as greedy as other high street stores!!

[grouphug]
    Andrew & Diane Moore