Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photos and memory

Florida Chatterbox

photos and memory

We are all looking forward to going to Orlando in December we are counting the days now!!
    We are just discussing what to do about our digital photos- My daughter and I both have new cameras and wondered if we exceed our camera memory wether we can save the photos to a usb port via computer in the villa or would it be just as convenient cheap etc to buy lots of memory cards. We have internet access in the villa too- but that would take for ever to send them home.. Can we get them put onto discs at walmart or somewhere like that at a reasonable cost?

Any suggestions?

Florida Chatterbox
    You can get them put onto a CD at Walmart and Walgreens, I think Walgreens were slightly cheaper

If you want more memory then look at 7dayshop and Ebuyer, both are usually cheaper than buying elsewhere even in the USA.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/defa...Path=777_4_401

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ..._uid=36&stid=7
    Jeff

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you have a computer at the villa, you should be able to download the pictures directly to a CD, as long as you have the camera software with you. I download all my pictures to disk at home.
    Teresa

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I think you will find most (if not all) villa PC's are locked down so guests cannot install software or save files so I do not think a villa PC would be viable for this.

I know our own villa PC's will not allow this as we have to ensure the PC's are available to all guests and allowing guests to install or save files would compromise the PC in this regard as someone could install files that cause the PC to stop functioning.

Somewhere like Wal-Mart is definitely the best way of getting your files to CD.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ctgirlscout
    If you have a computer at the villa, you should be able to download the pictures directly to a CD, as long as you have the camera software with you. I download all my pictures to disk at home.
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I always take a few memory cards when we go away. Then download them when we get home. Also
    think its a good idea to have your holiday piccies spread over a few cards in case a card goes
    wrong

As mentioned above, the cheapest place ive found is 7dayshop.com
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    How much does it cost to get the memory card saved to disc? US and UK?
    Havent done it in Uk as I save to hard drive and use photos in powerpoint-

Florida Chatterbox
    Also I have just read a bit about gameboys and chargers...
    and how th echargers dont work in US - will my battery recharger work in US?

Florida Expert
    Check the power input on it. If needs to be something like 110-240v.
    If it is just 240v then it won't work.
    I had this problem, I just went to Walmart and picked up a US charger pretty cheap with 4 batteries.
    I've recently bought a rapid charger from 7dayshop.com which works here and in the US.

Brizzle.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Personally, I prefer some sort of portable storage device since too many Memory Cards are easy to lose or get damaged. I bought a Flashtrax device with a portable 20GB Hard Drive and think it is one of the best investments that I ever made. It can work off mains or a rechargeable battery, downloads pictures from your camera very fast, has a colour preview screen and an MP3 player as a bonus. It is also small - slightly larger than a deck of playing cards. Very handy.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    So tell me about this flash track device... hwo much? where from ? will it work with a canonn Powershot A80 ?