Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Place to Eat on Thanksgiving

Florida Expert

Best Place to Eat on Thanksgiving

Does anyone recommend a good eating place for Thanksgiving day, we are over for this time and were wondering what the best plan was for that day....Do we venture to the parks, as they will be packed, we will have our annual passes so can just keep pop in later....will you be able to do this, or is it the same as Christmas Day, if you are not in a certain park by a certain time then you will not get in.

Anyhelp or advice would be grately received.

I know the day after Thanksgiving, we will be up early and onto the sales.

Florida Expert
    I've just booked a couple of PS with WDW CRO and I asked about the general park crowds on Thanksgiving.
    She told me it is not quite as busy as Christmas so I assume no lock-outs.

My plan is to get up a bit later and head to MGM for the afternoon, then we have a PS at Prime Time.
    My thinking with it being themed like a good old fashioned American 50's kitchen is that I might feel more Thanksgiving-y.
    After that we may scoot across to Epcot for Illuminations.

The Fantasmic packages are also booked up pretty solid for the weeks around Thanksgiving...[msnscared]

Brizzle.

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you don't go to the parks or the major hotels for a meal, you may find your choice is pretty limited as a huge number of places close for Thanksgiving. You may find some of the 24/7 places such as Denny's, etc open and we ended up at Perkins as that was the only place we could find.

There's also not a huge choice of things to do on that day either as the shops, etc are all closed for the day. If you think of it rather like Christmas Day in the UK, that would be a pretty good description.
    blott

Florida Expert
    Thanks will have to think about this one. May just try and see what we can find....not sure yet if we are going to one of the parks as it may be too busy.Might just go for the afternoon and watch the fireworks in one of the parks. Either that book a meal at one of the restaurants in the parks....if there is any space left..

Florida Expert
    I was quite surprised that the Prime Time still had space left when I called because it's meant to book up quick.
    If you call Disney they are normally pretty good with finding you something.

If not in one of the parks you could try one of the many resort hotels which will be open. There's some pretty nice one's to try too...in fact if you did something like Boma then you might even be able to eat something that *isn't* turkey

Brizzle.

We ate last year at the Disney swan Dolphin hotel. The food was excellent and was traditional American Thanksgiving Fayre - a buffet/carvery which was good so you could experiment and try different foods. Disney characters were on show for photos with husband and oh yes the kids as well!

We have all said we will do it again one day and it is one of our Florida Hilights.
    Sue
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1242.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    sounds like a great place!

No doubt it is a little early to start thinking of booking?
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Gold 5 Star Member
    We had a fantastic meal at the Renaissance Hotel (Seaworld) last Thanksgiving. Brunch buffet - all you can eat and your glass of champagne continually topped up - for just $39.
    Highly recommended - but you do need to book.
    They also do a similar deal every Sunday - but slightly cheaper as I recall.
    Carole

Florida Chatterbox
    Last Thanksgiving we ate at "Cracker Barrel". A traditional Thanksgiving meal "with all the fixin's".

We didn't book a table but had to wait around an hour which wasn't too bad, as "cracker Barrel" is half restaurant and half shop, it gave us time to pick up a few Christmas items to take home.

Merry

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewandcarole
    We had a fantastic meal at the Renaissance Hotel (Seaworld) last Thanksgiving. Brunch buffet - all you can eat and your glass of champagne continually topped up - for just $39.
    Highly recommended - but you do need to book.
    They also do a similar deal every Sunday - but slightly cheaper as I recall.
    Carole
    [/quote]

Yippeeee.....Thanks Carole, we have heard so much about this hotel & the famous Sunday Brunch that we wanted to spend Thanksgiving there. But I have been told by other owner's that they didn't do the brunch on Thanksgiving!!! I thought they might and we are over in July so we will book in for this.
    Chocolate fountain....Here we come[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

PS....I've booked[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]