Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stars!!!!!!!!! and their meanings

Stars!!!!!!!!! and their meanings

Are we going to get a rundown now of the obviously changed ratings now with the stars, i dont really care to much, but it adds a little fun to a boring afternoon, and now i'm a chatterbox think i'll have to quieten down and have less to say, not a child any more!!!![msntongue]

oh well, think this is whats happened!!! correct me if i'm wrong!

up to 100 1 BLUE STAR FLORIDA NEWBIE
    100=200 2 BLUE STARS FLORIDA JUNIOR
    200-700 3 BLUE STARS FLORIDA CHATTERBOX
    700 4 SILVER STARS FLORIDA EXPERT
    Liesa

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Not quite - it depends on a few other things too, not just number of postings [msnwink]

I'm not going to make the details available as the whole idea is to try and discourage people from chasing star ratings by posting one-liners which are not informative. I'd rather people take less notice of the stars (they are only there as a bit of fun anyway) and use the forums to post informative, helpful advice, or to ask questions related to vacation planning in Florida. Of course, there is the General Chat area for other items you want to discuss too [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    Are we going to get a rundown now of the obviously changed ratings now with the stars, i dont really care to much, but it adds a little fun to a boring afternoon, and now i'm a chatterbox think i'll have to quieten down and have less to say, not a child any more!!!![msntongue]

oh well, think this is whats happened!!! correct me if i'm wrong!

up to 100 1 BLUE STAR FLORIDA NEWBIE
    100=200 2 BLUE STARS FLORIDA JUNIOR
    200-700 3 BLUE STARS FLORIDA CHATTERBOX
    700 4 SILVER STARS FLORIDA EXPERT
    [/quote]

this is what most do, and add a bit of humour at the same time, i dont care about the stars but now its been brought to our attention i do,
    i do understand why tho, lets hope we dont have to be villa owners to go GOLD[msnwink]
    Liesa

You do not have to be a villa owner to go Gold [msnsmile2]

must just say i feel reluctant to post anything now incase you think i'm just out to make stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!am sure i'm not alone in that...
    and it seems a bit quiet in the other rooms
    Liesa

That would be a shame as that is not the intention at all.

It's always quiet this time of day as people are on their way home from work or having dinner in the UK and probably still at work in the US.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    must just say i feel reluctant to post anything now incase you think i'm just out to make stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!am sure i'm not alone in that...
    and it seems a bit quiet in the other rooms
    [/quote]

It is really quiet today, it has been for many hours now. I wonder too if this star thing is the cause. Have thought twice before posting myself because I have felt that I have been doing something wrong after reading the reason for the change in awards, ie. people only posting to get stars.
    Jan

Looking at the forum stats we have had easily as many postings as we do any Friday. I think you are seeing things that are not there.

I'm sure most people have not even read about the Star Wars as it's of no interest to them. Most users are more interested in getting on with planning their vacations.

At the end of the day someone has to maintain order on these forums (as they would on any forums). It's not an easy job and whatever you do someone will not like it, but it's a job that needs to be done and that is what I'm doing. I'm happy with the descisions made today as are the vast majority of forum users who have DM'd me with their support [msnsmile2].

Enough said!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
    It is really quiet today, it has been for many hours now. I wonder too if this star thing is the cause. Have thought twice before posting myself because I have felt that I have been doing something wrong after reading the reason for the change in awards, ie. people only posting to get stars.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    So what's a Florida Savvy?
    Camilla & Neil

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/2071.aspx
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2236.aspx

Someone who has 2 stars. Any other suggestions people have on what to call each of the 0-5 stars would certainly be appreciated as it's really tricky thinking up ones which everyone will be ok with.

Here's one that was suggested earlier which I like the look of as it retains the fun element of the star system:

Check In Desk 1 star
    Departures Lounge 2 stars
    Duty Free 3 stars
    Boarding 4 stars
    Arrival 5 stars

Anyone any thoughts?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gromit
    So what's a Florida Savvy?
    [/quote]