Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: b2 refusal re-entry on visa waiver

Florida Newbie

b2 refusal re-entry on visa waiver

Hi

We recently (back in January) went through the process of applying for a B2 visa to enable us to go on an extended holiday in the states. Top and bottom of it is that we were declined, their reason we had insufficient ties to the uk, even though we have a business, a home and family here, which we provided tons of evidence for. We own a holiday home in the Florida, and wanted to take the kids on an extended trip of the states, (our older daughter is studying in NYC). As we can't now do our planned trip will their be any problem in entering the USA on a normal visa waiver form and just stay a few weeks??? I have seen a copy of the form and it asks whether you have ever had a visa refused so now not sure what we need to do. much appreciated
    mickeys manor

Gold 5 Star Member
    I doubt if anyone can answer that question with any degree of certainty.

I would think it inevitable that you will be questioned at length and presumably the same doubts about your intentions will need to be addressed.

i.e. If you have a business, home and kids(of school age?) why wasn't the 90 days allowed under a Visa waiver sufficient. Did you intend the kids to miss school for months?

Personally I would write to the US Embassy, or get a solicitor to do so, and ask if you can enter under a Visa waiver giving them dates of your trip - especially return dates. You could also ask your local MP to take up the matter on your behalf.

Bear in mind that even a B2 Visa does not guarantee entry and if the Immigration officer has any doubts he will refuse entry.