Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: custom forms

Florida Chatterbox
    The blue forms are the forms currently being used - the white ones have been phased out.

With regards to food items you take in with you, definately no meat, fruit or dairy. Any thing else is generally ok but all items must be declared from babyfood to candy. Formula milk is ok if it is already made up in a bottle or in a sealed carton. Any leftover fruit on the aircraft is best given to the cabin crew to put in the trash - even the fruit leftover from business class has to be collected together and not left lying around on board. If in doubt just declare an item - mostly you'll be waved through, but sometimes they do random checks and for agriculture purposes x-ray your bags again. They won't be happy if they find something you haven't declared! At Tampa last year, one of the sniffer dogs actually sniffed a jar of unopened Bovril in someones bag, all that happened on that occasion was it got taken away from the passenger.

You can't take in flowers or plants either in case there are any insects on them!

Something else to be aware of is that if you are a family travelling with different surnames then you'll need more than one form as it's one form per family but only with the same name!

The cabin crew are fully trained to answer any questions you may have with the customs and immigration forms. Most airlines also have a card in the seatback pocket on how to complete them and show a video. I know BA do.

Hope this helps.
    Camilla & Neil

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/2071.aspx
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2236.aspx

We are taking a friend of my 15 year old daughter at easter, the forms above say that only one written declaration per family is required. As the girl we are taking is not a family member, will she have to fill in one of these forms also? She too is only 15.

Dave

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    In theory yes she will.

Sarah kept her maiden name when we got married and the children have a combination of our surnames so we used to have to do 3 seperate customs forms but the last few times we have gone I have just done one with my surname and have never got asked about it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunseeker
    We are taking a friend of my 15 year old daughter at easter, the forms above say that only one written declaration per family is required. As the girl we are taking is not a family member, will she have to fill in one of these forms also? She too is only 15.

Dave
    [/quote]

Thanx John

Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another potential problem is the visitng US address. For Orlando, visitors will probably be staying at the same villa or hotel for the duration of their holiday and so filling the address part should be straightforward. But what if it is a travelling holiday like the one I am going to on May-June next year? I will be staying at different hotels, motels and inns extending from Chicago to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina over 3 weeks. Which address should I give immigration?
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    bizarelly they've only ever wanted my address for the first night so i put that in and never had any problem
    tezz 7628

On the form it says the limit of goods non residents can take in to be left in the US is $100 does anyone know is this per person or per family.

We are going over to our new villa and are taking a "few" bits and pieces to leave there, wouldn't want to get charged duty on them or get into trouble for smuggling.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jules
    On the form it says the limit of goods non residents can take in to be left in the US is $100 does anyone know is this per person or per family.

We are going over to our new villa and are taking a "few" bits and pieces to leave there, wouldn't want to get charged duty on them or get into trouble for smuggling.
    [/quote]

But don't you get a lot of leeway from this rule if you own property in the United States?
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    we took over two suitcases full of stuff for the villas in summer! One was opened for searching but the guy didnt even bat an eye & pleasantly wished us a good trip.[8D]
    Dawn

Florida Junior
    How do you answer question 15 (as a visitor)?

Do you say nothing?

Colin