Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Soarin'

Florida Chatterbox

Soarin'

Just saw on a site that Soarin will be opening at Epcot in May 2005. Just in time for us to see it!!!! [msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes and WOW! This sounds like an even bigger crowd puller than the new rides coming up ay MGM and AK. Trouble is, I won't be able to see it till Oct 2007, when I am scheduled to go again.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
    Just saw on a site that Soarin will be opening at Epcot in May 2005. Just in time for us to see it!!!! [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]
    Sorry what is Soarin?
    WR

Florida Expert
    Soarin' over California.
    It is a replica of the one in Dineyland.
    It simulates you flying over California in a hand-glider, with a few little bumps and dips to make you feel as if you are really there.
    Would have been nice to be Soarin' over Florida but maybe an upgrade in a few years will sort that 'penny pinching' [}]

All these things opening next year *and* the 50th celebrations and I think I may just have to schedule another visit as soon as we return in December. Oh and then there's Everest at AK opening in 2006 so that's the year after too sorted [msnsmile2]

Brizzle

It's the new ride in the Land pavilion based on a popular ride from California. It's a giant projection screen and theatre which rises and falls to give spectacular views of the famous sites of California.
    There are other features to intensify the experience such as scents and smells.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    You sit in seats which are suspended to make it seem more realistc and was one of the rides we enjoyed most at Disneyland California.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank's sounds good, we'll look for this on our next trip.[msnsmile]

WR
    WR

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Is it like those 360 degrees show. They make me YUUUHHHH!!![V][sick]
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ceri
    No its' probably closest to something like the Wild Arctic "helicopter ride" at Sea World, or back to the future where you are watching a screen in front of you but it gives the sensation of flying.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Ceri
    No its' probably closest to something like the Wild Arctic "helicopter ride" at Sea World, or back to the future where you are watching a screen in front of you but it gives the sensation of flying.
    [/quote]

From what I've heard, the special effects are state of the art. It is going to be more like Mission Space for VR effects. Can't wait to go on it! My next trip to Orlando might be in 2007, but I am sure I can think of an excuse to go to California before then!
    Nostromo