Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Soarin'

Florida Chatterbox
    Never mind height limit, what about WEIGHT limit!!! I don't want to make the Orlando Sentinel headlines are breaking it[msnoo]
    Anita

Florida Expert
    Dont worry I'll let my other half try it for you first, then let you know.[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
    KJH

Gold 5 Star Member
    OK Guys! We went on Soarin in Epcot last Friday, special guests only last weekend And my assessment is.... LOVE IT!!!!!! My daughter and I went on it 4 times!!!! What no queue? It was really good, and very realistic, you really do feel as if you are in a hand glider over Califonia!! We couldn't resist a few goes, as we knew that when we return in October this year it could well be a little busier!! They are obviously expecting it to be a big hit as the tunnel leading to the attraction inside the Land pavillion seemed to go on for ever! It was a little eery being in the Land with no, food cort open, and all other attarctions in there closed to! We were told 6th May for the grand opening, not sure if that will change, but May looks like it will be the month for sure! Go and enjoy folks!!

Soarin was AWESOME!! We went on it 2 times. At the time is was only open to yearly pass holders, however we went on Friday they had opened it up to everyone.
    Kay

www.orlandovillas.com/villas/869.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1184.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    so looking forward to this ride!!!!!!![clap]

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl

Is Sorin a Rollacoaster?? Do you have any pics of it?

Tricia
    Tricia

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Tricia, No Soarin is NOT a roller coaster, I am a frustrated coaster maniac( In other words, I would love to go on one, but in 14 years , just can't quite get up the courage to do it!!), so rides like Soarin are perfect for me. You are sitting in a seat inside the attraction, you wear a lap belt, and the seating does move you into position, I would describe it as the next generation of the 360 style films that are around Disney, in that you do move slightly to add very effectively to the overall experience of the attraction, but as it is more of an IMAX movie experience you know you are safe at all times. You feel as if you are gently riding a hand glider over Califonia's main sights including the Golden Gate Bridge and Disneyland at night. They audience were very vocal with their Ohhs are arghhhssss, and many did go back on, like us [msnwink]I would recommend for everyone, it is spectacular and effective[msnsmile2]Good for all the family, there was a height restriction because the seat you are in does lift up into the air, and moves slightly.

Florida Expert
    This sounds like my kind of ride. Can't wait to try it in October.

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl

Thanks CarolAnn, I look forward to getting on that one - the only rollacoaster that I can go on is the Rockin-Roll -a -coaster, and the reason I first went in that was my horrible kids told me it was virtual ride, but I have to say that I do love it
    Tricia

Florida Chatterbox
    does anybody know what the height restriction is for Soarin? I am not sure if my 6 year old will be tall enough.