Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nationwide Credit Card

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    Could be in Cyprus?
    [/quote]

Sorry

Your right as usual Blott, been away for quite a while, actually a
    very long time sorting out issues etc just got back and trying to catch up

But yes use Nationwide the best ever card we came across thats why
    I keep on about it. Saved us a fortune in commission and you get the
    buisiness exchange rate when you buy goods.

Erm I live in Yeading near that horrid Tesco [msnsmile2]
    Chrisj

Florida Expert
    WELCOME BACK CHRISJ

MISSING OUR SOUTHERN LEADER.

KAZ

Gold 5 Star Member
    [msnsmile] Thanks Kaz

Was only meant to be away for 3 days not weeks, oh well had a great time anyway [msnsmile2]
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    Well, after 18 days of bashing the Nationwide card during our hols I finally plucked up the courage and checked my online banking to see the damage ................. not as bad as I thought!, I'd actually underspent our budget by about $400 mind you, the $1600+ for the Disney APs gave me a bit of a nasty turn! [xx(]

Exchange rates during December ranged from 1.91 to over 1.94 ...... Excellent!

Can't wait for next October to try it again in Canada and Florida!
    Jeff

Florida Junior
    Don't forget you'll have the cash back to look forward to after all that spending! (assuming you have one of their cash back cards of course)

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by finishrich
    Don't forget you'll have the cash back to look forward to after all that spending! (assuming you have one of their cash back cards of course)
    [/quote]

I've got a both Nationwide credit and debit cards and am planning to use them in Florida, but have just noticed the following with regard to the Cash Reward card :-

Extract from Nationwide website
    * Cash rewards will not be paid on transactions made abroad or made with retailers that are registered outside the UK.

Not that this will stop me using it 'cos the the other advantages are great, but thought it better to correct everyone.

Super Moderator
    They have only recently stopped paying cash back on foreign purchases and on the UK purchases have reduced the cash reward to 0.25%. They have also reduced the number of days by 10 between receiving the bill and the payment date which is a pain in the butt especially when a bank holiday or easter falls in this period. For cash back cards in the UK there are now better options but for foreign use it is still by far the best as it gives much better currency exchange rates.