Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: virgin flights

virgin flights

Hi All, i know i've gone on about this so many times but as i'm now sitting here in tears i dont want to go to florida..................

Have just spoken to virgin special needs and assistance i cant pre book my seat as they may be needed for kiddies with needs and am totally fine with that..... but all the other seats have gone apparently the checkin desks hold 40% of seats and hand them out, i will have to take what i'm given i'm so upset the thought of 9-10 hours on the plane sitting is getting to me, i dont think we'll be able to go again, yes i know its only arthritis but in the left knee its so painful when sitting for long periods (it even plays me up when i've been in the forum for a while have to get up and stretch about)
    i will be seeing the doc in rhumatology at the end of the month get stronger painkillers maybe
    God i must sound like such a wimp!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry.....
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Don't worry! Get a letter from your GP or hospital to say that you need extra leg room because of your condition and check in really early (as soon as the desks open) and tell them about your problem. You'll then get priority for the seating (it works, I've done it).
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Follow Blotts advice, we have a friend who does the same and always manages to get the extra leg room seats. [msnsmile2]
    Sarah

thanx, means alot to me, as i said before i have an appointment to see the doc at hospital on 28th of oct, i will ask him for a letter, its making me so miserable!
    thankyou for your advise[msnsad]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    If push comes to the shove, I am certain that there will be plenty of gallant men on the plane who will be prepared to offer you their seats. Orlando flights are usually full of fit, youngish people in good (and hopefully charitable) frame of mind. If you tell the stewardess the problem as soon as you board, I am sure that she will help you by asking the other passengers on your behalf. There may even be the odd empty seat in First Class which you might be offered if nothing else is available. My elderly mother-in-law was given such a seat by Air France when her allocated seat was unsuitable.
    Nostromo

Hi Liesa,
    if you are flying from Gatwick , can you use the check in the night before. It may mean looking for a cheap B and B to stay in, I'm sure you can get some recommendations on this site.
    My parents are both in their mid 70's with an assortment of ailments and Virgin have ALWAYS been very helpful and accommodating with the seating.
    Finally and looking to the future it may be worth thinking about a shorter flight to New York or Washington DC; having a short stop over to get immigration over , stretch your legs etc and then flying down to Orlando. By all acounts the planes on internal US flights have a lot more room. I will be able to vouch for this after xmas as i am flying back from Fort myers via JFK.
    I'm sure it will work out,
    andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
    Hi Liesa,
    if you are flying from Gatwick , can you use the check in the night before. It may mean looking for a cheap B and B to stay in, I'm sure you can get some recommendations on this site.
    My parents are both in their mid 70's with an assortment of ailments and Virgin have ALWAYS been very helpful and accommodating with the seating.
    Finally and looking to the future it may be worth thinking about a shorter flight to New York or Washington DC; having a short stop over to get immigration over , stretch your legs etc and then flying down to Orlando. By all acounts the planes on internal US flights have a lot more room. I will be able to vouch for this after xmas as i am flying back from Fort myers via JFK.
    I'm sure it will work out,
    andrew
    [/quote]

thanks,
    (i am only 44, but i feel 74,) i was feeling so happy and really getting into the swing of things havent slept properly for the last week cos of knees,
    twilight checkin, what does this involve? we only live in Brighton the chap that i spoke to on the phone said to do that but i was getting upset that i didnt ask what i had to do,i know it means you take your cases up the day before, but then what?
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Following on from the last post. Twilight check-in will not have any authority to change seats around, this has to be done on the day of departure, so follow the earlier post of checking in very early on your day of departure.

If you are a Virgin Flying Club member then call the member assistance line who will do everything to ease your situation. (If not a memeber, then I suggest you apply online, and get a membership number, then call).

I'm sure in the end that Virgin will come through for you.

Matt
    Matt

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/602.aspx

Florida Expert
    Just another point as its mentioned earlier in this thread. My last trip a few weeks ago was via JFK and we flew down to Orlando on DeltaSong. Excellant flight, loads of leg room and the in-flight entertainment was really good.

Matt
    Matt

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/602.aspx

Liesa,
    No offence on the age front[msnembarrased]
    We are going to use Twilight check in for the first time this december so cannot comment on changing seats etc the night before; I know Matt is an experienced flyer from his posts and knows his stuff.
    I can say that he is exactly right about the helpfulness of the staff on the member assisstance phone line.
    andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx