Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: What SCARES you most of all?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thunder & Lightning

0 0%
  • Great Heights

20 25.97%
  • Confined Spaces

11 14.29%
  • Spiders!

22 28.57%
  • Things that go ''bump'' at Night

4 5.19%
  • Sight of Blood

4 5.19%
  • Absolutely Nothing

2 2.60%
  • Something Else (please specify)

14 18.18%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What SCARES you most of all?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    Interesting that BOTH postings mentioning fear of own blood came from men. This ties in with my own experience at work - 90% of people scared of having blood samples taken are men. Contrary to what old-fashioned stories tell us, girls over about 13 and women are seldom scared of their own blood for obvious reasons.
    [/quote]

my hubby is 5 feet 6in, he weighs 17 stone and every time he has blood taken he passes out, something he always wanted to do was give blood and now he does they get an experianced nurse to take it and they keep him lying down for ages!!!!!! my hero!!!!!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    I give blood regularly, so no problem there, but I am the worlds biggest woosie when it comes to heights[:O], I will be the one holding the coats in the Disney Parks 18th Oct - 2nd Nov.[msneek]
    Strangely I dont mind flying[msnsmile2]

Ian

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
    Nostromo - very interesting....

I don't think it's just "obvious reasons" for women with regards to blood - if you have given birth, you will have given blood samples that many times that your previous fears subside.

And fear of pain...well, don't get me started .... we don't want a battle of the sexes.[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Maggie, The 'obvious reason' I mentioned is even more obvious than what you said. Long before women give birth to babies, they see thier own blood monthly. That certainly is one of the strong reasons why women are less likely than men to baulk at the sight of their own blood.

Same is true of pain as well. There need not be any battle of the sexes. As you have said giving birth, even with modern day epidurals and such, is a very painful experience.
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    getting on that plane[msnscared]
    benfilo
    benfilo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wheres the vote for "all of the above" then. Just joking, voted for spiders hate those hairy things.
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    Worms, snakes and I can't even swing on kids swing without my stomach turning. I LOVE holding bags etc while the other four go on the rides![V][msncry]

Kaz

Florida Newbie
    Definately spiders, the photos on the other link are so frightening. If I found one of them in my villa I would run a mile (and I'm sure my kids would run two!!!).
    Pauline

Florida Junior
    Snakes !!!

Florida Chatterbox
    "I don't think it's just 'obvious reasons' for women with regards to blood - if you have given birth, you will have given blood samples that many times that your previous fears subside."

"And fear of pain...well, don't get me started .... we don't want a battle of the sexes.[msnsmile2]"

"Maggie, The 'obvious reason' I mentioned is even more obvious than what you said. Long before women give birth to babies, they see thier own blood monthly. That certainly is one of the strong reasons why women are less likely than men to baulk at the sight of their own blood.
    Same is true of pain as well. There need not be any battle of the sexes. As you have said giving birth, even with modern day epidurals and such, is a very painful experience."

Nostromo - I did realise what you meant - just didn't want to elaborate

Gold 5 Star Member
    Spiders care the daylight out of me!!

We find all sorts in the fruit at work!!

Sends a shiver down my spine!
    [gun][gun][gun][gun]
    Andrew & Diane Moore