Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Descriptions

Florida Savvy

Property Descriptions

Not that I am going to do anything about it or even complain now I am back, but if a property is described as having a double garage, then when on intending to use it one finds a huge floor-bolted pool table dead centre, shouldn't this property make it clear that the garage cannot be used as a garage?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by josephinekelly
    Not that I am going to do anything about it or even complain now I am back, but if a property is described as having a double garage, then when on intending to use it one finds a huge floor-bolted pool table dead centre, shouldn't this property make it clear that the garage cannot be used as a garage?
    [/quote]

I would think so......it should of been called a games room.......

Gold 5 Star Member
    Would have thought they would have put it in the description that they had a games room as
    this might be something a potential hirer was after
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    It happened to us, but we were told about the change in advance and it turned out to be a welcome one. The original owner had a large double garage when we booked a villa 10 months ahead of our visit. But then she sold the villa to another guy and he decided to convert the garage into a games room and told me about it in a phone conversation beforehand. As it was, all of us enjoyed the games room. [^]
    Nostromo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Floor bolted pool table is a bit OTT for the owner if you ask me. We have our garages converted into games rooms but the equipment is reasonably easily moved to one side if you do want to use the garage.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Floor bolted pool table is a bit OTT for the owner if you ask me. We have our garages converted into games rooms but the equipment is reasonably easily moved to one side if you do want to use the garage.
    [/quote]

I agree that floor-bolting is OTT, but even otherwise, are us guests allowed to move the owner's heavy equipment without his/her permission? I would have thought not. For instance, there was a non-boled pool table in the Orange Tree villa that we rented; it was great for us of course, but if someone else wanted to use the garage, how could they have moved it?
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes you are right. Did you raise it with the owner ?

Well I advise all guests that as the garage is a games room there is only car parking for 2 cars on the driveway. However, at the moment our games can easily be moved to one side so that one car can get in. But once we have a heavyweight pool table that might not be the case.

I think I can safely say that 99% of people who enquire with me want the games room facility rather than a garage.
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Josephine

It depends really on when the owner added the extra pool table, many owners are constantly upgrading their homes and making additions to them, usually items that they have found their guests would want to see.They may have added the pool table after your booking or not amended their advert to show that the double garage is now a games room. Did you not know about the pool table before you arrived at the home ? It may also have been either bolted down to stop it moving, as a slate table costs a lot of money to have levelled and installed properly, or it was just so heavy it appeared bolted down, either way a slate bed table shouldnt be moved.I know when I have added extras to my own home I may omit to update some adverts for a while but it wouldnt be with the intention to deceive in anyway and I would think a lot of guests would welcome the additions made.

Lesley
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-784.aspx

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    The only really heavy item is the pool table which will likely only take up a small proportion of the garage - there should be plenty of room for at least one car as well as the in-situ pool table in most garages.

Having said that, we, like most owners, advertise the fact we have a pool table and do not specifically say we have a garage available for use. We find very few guests who actually want to use the garage for their car and are delighted to find a fully equipped games room instead [msnsmile2].

Going back to the original question, it may be that the owner has added the games room since you first saw their advert (I'm just guessing here). Most owners continually upgrade their villas and add new facilities so no advert is ever set in stone.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    [/quote]

I agree that floor-bolting is OTT, but even otherwise, are us guests allowed to move the owner's heavy equipment without his/her permission? I would have thought not. For instance, there was a non-boled pool table in the Orange Tree villa that we rented; it was great for us of course, but if someone else wanted to use the garage, how could they have moved it?
    [/quote]